This blog is for all of you sleep deprived parents. As much as I LOVE hanging out with my baby boy... getting out of bed at 5:30 in the morning is ROUGH. All summer long, Lucas has been up anywhere between 5-5:45 am. We thought maybe if we put him to bed later, he will get up later. It seemed like good logic, but we were wrong. As soon as the sun rose, so did Lucas.
Then we got to thinking, in the winter Lucas wasn't getting up until 6:30ish. Then we put two and two together. It was like the light bulb went on above our heads. The sun didn't rise until around 6:30 and now the sun is rising at 5:30. So this weekend, Lucas and I went to the Home Depot. You just got to love Home Depot. We bought some black out rolling blinds. Matt and I put them up on Saturday.
Sunday morning, Lucas got up at 6:45 am. Then today Lucas got up at 7 am. Trust me there is a HUGE difference between 5:30 and 6:45. That extra time in bed allows your eyes to open without too much protest, your contacts are able to go in without stinging, and your brain turns on faster. We are not sure if it is just a fluke or IF it really is because his room doesn't let the sun shine first thing in the morning. I wish we would have thought of it earlier. Anyway, those rolling blinds, even though they may be a little tacky... have been the best $15 that I have spent in my life.
If you have been pondering this purchase for your home because your child gets up early or you just want to get a little more sleep. Whatever the reason is... I really do advise it!
Look at how dark the room is!
These are the wonderful blinds!
Now we have this peaceful looking child who can sleep later.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.