Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day! Part 1.

Today we celebrated Matt's first Father's Day. Last year at this time, I was 4 months pregnant. It is such a special day now and carries so much more meaning now that we have Lucas to celebrate with.

Lucas and I tried to make Father's Day nice. We started the morning by going to get Starbucks. Matt enjoys his iced mocha lattes. Then Lucas and I made bacon and blueberry pancakes for Matt on his new George Foreman griddle. That was his Father's Day present. We all ate breakfast together. Even Lucas enjoyed a little pancake. He scarfed it right down.

Then Matt went to basketball. He plays with some of his fellow coaches on Sunday mornings. He also played some of his former players because he couldn't help but trash talk. Luckily his team won or he would never live it down.

The afternoon was spent with Matt watching the U.S. Open. One of his Father's Day requests. The other was to sleep in on Saturday and today. So I got up with Lucas on both days.

This evening we had Matt's parents over, as well as Lori, David and Morgan for swimming and a barbeque. We all had a great time in the pool. Matt and Lucas along with David and Morgan enjoyed shooting some hoops. I think the dads are going to enjoy playing pool basketball with their children as they get older.

All in all, it was a nice day. I think Matt had a great first Father's Day and is looking forward to many more. Lucas and I head to Colorado on Wednesday and will celebrate Father's Day with my dad when we are there. That will be part 2. I hope you all had a nice Father's Day as well.

The 3 generations.
Matt, Lucas and Grandpa Johnson.
Lucas and Morgan enjoying the pool while playing basketball.
David and Morgan jumping in the pool.
Matt and Lucas jumping in the pool.
Check out the belly.
The boys.


Matt and Lucas shooting hoops.
David and Morgan shooting hoops.
David built the hoop last summer.
It has been a hit ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.