Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Monday, June 28, 2010

Fun in the Sun!

Today we had an outing to the Broomfield Bay. It is an outdoor pool with slides, kid pools, water fountain... Tons of fun. We went with Aunt Nancy (one of my mom's friends). Nancy's husband runs the Broomfield rec center and got us free passes into the bay. Also, we met Kelly there with her little girls. She is the one we went crawdad fishing with. Remember her daughter is the one we are matching Lucas with when they get older.

Lucas was not so sure when we first got there because the pool is CHILLY! You have to know that we are used to our 90 degree pool at home. We put him in and he started trying to crawl his way out of the pool. Eventually he got used to the water. Plus, we told him that he wasn't making a good impression for his "future" wife. Then he was all about it! He was floating, kicking and splashing around.

He kept eyeing the baby slide. I kept eyeing the slide as well. I watched a few moms take there babies down and thought, why not. So we headed for the line. We waited. And waited. Finally, we made it to the front and away we went! He wasn't so sure about it. Mostly because of the splash at the end. Then we went down it again. This time was a little better, but he still got splashed. I think he had a blast!
This water is a little COLD!
I think I can make it.
Lucas' future wife wasn't so sure about the cold water either.
And away we go!
(Please don't mind my chubby thighs.)
Lucas playing in the waterfall.
Just chillin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.