Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Friday, June 18, 2010

It's the Little Things!

I have been reflecting on how things can get hectic and it is so important to remember to do the little things. The little things aren't laundry, cleaning the bathrooms, picking up the dog poo... It is taking the time to think about what makes other people in your life happy. Whether it is for your family, your spouse, your friends, your coworkers. As time passes and we go about our daily routines, we tend to forget the little things that make people happy.

Trust me, I am not an expert on remembering to do the little things. Ask Matt. But I really do want to make it a focus on mine. So I am creating a little list of the little things that I would like to do. Please feel free to join in and add to the list. Remember it needs to be specific to what the people in your life need. These are just a few general ideas to help myself and you get started.

The Little Things
1. Make your spouse's favorite dinner, dessert...
2. Write someone a note or card. Whether it is an email, text, handwritten (which is probably the best)...
3. Watch a movie together... their choice.
4. Go for a walk together and talk.
5. Enjoy a dinner, lunch out together... at a place of their choice.
6. Get them something that makes them smile. It doesn't have to be anything BIG. Just something that is meaningful.
7. Buy them their favorite candy.
8. Make it about them. Listen and respond, not react.
9. Turn off the tv, cell phone, computer and enjoy each other's company.
10. This one, I am going to leave open. That way you can think of one that makes you happy and follow through with it.

Just a little picture to make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.