Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Monday, June 21, 2010

My New Normal!

This summer I have had time to reflect on how things can change. What used to be the daily routine has become so different now.

The Old Normal...
* I would sleep in until 10ish.
* I could stay up until all hours. Well... midnight would be bedtime.
* If I didn't want to get out of my pj's, I wouldn't.
* Matt and I could go to the movies. Anytime.
* I would carry a little purse with just a few things in it.
* I LOVED to shop for myself.
* When I leave the house, I just needed myself.
* I would read books that I loved (Sophie Kinsella books, the Twilight series...).
* My house used to be clutter free.
* I love to watch junk tv.
* My playdates used to consist of pedicures, going to movies...
* I would stay at work until 4 and not even care.
* My favorite things to do were watch movies, go to lunch, sit on my toosh...


The New Normal...
* I am up at 6 am.
* I am ready for bed at 9 pm. 10 is really late.
* I still wear my pj's unless I have to run errands.
* My day plans are worked around nap schedules, feeding schedules...
* Now I carry a diaper bag packed with a spare outfit, diapers, wipes, baby snacks, bottles...
* I LOVE to shop for Lucas and occasionally myself.
* When I leave the house, I need to make sure I have the diaper bag, a stroller, the cart cover... AND of course Lucas.
* I read books that Lucas loves (Skippyjon Jones, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus...).
* My house is full of clutter.
* Now I watch junk tv when Lucas is asleep. Thank heaven for DVR.
* My playdates are going to the zoo, pool parties, storytime...
* Now I get anxious to get home to see my little boy and am ready to leave work at 3.
* My NEW favorites: playing with Lucas, taking walks with Matt, Husker and Lucas, rocking Lucas to sleep... Pretty much anything to do with hanging out with my family.

Again, this new normal is completely worth it. I wouldn't change it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.