As for the kick count... Well, we are still working on that process. There are many little things that can be effecting this little one from being a mover & a shaker. Again, the placenta is in the front, the baby is low, and I am crazy busy. I am not going to lie... It has been bothering me quite a bit. It is always in the back of my mind. Lucas was super busy. I could see his feet, arms and feel him roll around all of the time. Again, we know that Lucas is quite the little athlete. So maybe this little peanut is the opposite and is quite peaceful. Which isn't a bad thing. I do feel the baby move, just not as much as I did with Lucas so it has been bothering me.
The other day at my prenatal appointment, I asked the doctor about it. She said there isn't anything to worry about, but she did have me monitored for 30 minutes doing an in-house kick count. I was strapped up to the heart monitor machine and every time I felt the baby move or kick, I pushed a little button. Well I must say the baby is pretty active from 3:30 to 4:00 because we clocked at least 20 kicks. It was interesting because when the baby's heart rate slowed to 133ish, there were fewer kicks. When the heart rate raised to 150ish, there were a ton of kicks. The doctor was very pleased with the results and so was I. It made me feel a lot better. She does want to do a follow up ultrasound in 2 weeks just to make sure everything is doing what it is supposed to be doing.
I just have to keep in mind that this little one just doesn't get the amount of time to concentrate on like I had with Lucas. I could come home and lay down and feel Lucas move around. With this one, I just don't get the chance. I work all day, come home, play with my favorite little boy, cook dinner, clean the dishes, play with my favorite little boy again, give him a shower, get him ready for bed and put him down to bed. So by the time I have the chance to lay down and rest, it is around 8:30 or 9:00. By then I am so exhausted, I just want to sleep.
Here are the stats of the baby at 29 weeks:
Baby J is about the size of a butternut squash. Weighing in at 2 1/2 pounds and is about 15 1/2 inches long. Again, in 2 weeks we will have a better idea of Baby J's actual measurements. These are just estimates from the baby websites.
Pregnancy Symptoms: Mostly heartburn. Tired. I am definitely in maternity pants, for sure! Which I must say, Joey from "Fri.ends" had the best idea of wearing Phoebe's maternity pants for Thanksgiving dinner. It just provides more room for yummy Thanksgiving food.
Cravings: Cereal. Definitely NOT chicken or really any meat. Again, lots of fruit.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.