Tis the season to create magical moments for our little man. I truly love this season and like to make it as special as I can. Not by overloading him with gifts or candy, but more about creating memories and traditions that we can continue each year. One of my favorite memories about this season is the snow. Growing up in Colorado, the huge snowflakes that would fall and make everything so sparkly and bright were wonderful! Living in Arizona, you don't get to have those moments unless they are created for you. Luckily, one of the malls has a magical snowfall on the weekends and I wanted to take Lucas to see it. I really wanted to see what his reaction would be to the snow!
Here is his curious face...
As if he is trying to say, "What is this stuff?"
Here he is trying to catch a snowflake, but the snow melts as soon as it touches things.
This was really frustrating for Lucas.
Can't you tell by the look on his face!
This was the best picture that I could get of the "snow" falling from the sky.
It was really pretty... Even if it wasn't real snow!
Another one of my favorite memories of this season was making Christmas ornaments with my grandma. She always bought those ones that you paint and hang on the tree. I even have a few that are on my tree now. The ornaments cost maybe one dollar, but the time we spent together creating was so special! So to try and continue this tradition with my little man... Now that he is a little older and can "sort of" follow directions, I thought maybe we should try it this year. As you can see, he is definitely 2!
Examining all of the pieces.
Please note as this time, that he is sitting in his chair!
Now he is in charge of the glue. (I only opened it a little bit to avoid a glue explosion).
After all, I did teach 1st grade for 9 years and "When it comes to glue, a dot will do!"
Also, note that now he is standing in his chair.
Here he is finishing up the sleigh.
Note: now Lucas is sitting on the table.
Note: Now Lucas is laying on the table.
Do you think he is done crafting with Mommy!
The finished product.
Another final note: This particular ornament lasted about 2 weeks on the tree before Lucas removed it and took it apart.
We will try again next year!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.