Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Monday, December 26, 2011

31 & 32 Weeks!

The second trimester is moving much too quickly for my liking. It is really flying by and when I think of how much time we have left as a family of 3, I start to panic a little. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to welcome our new little one to the family, but I just don't feel prepared, yet. I know everything will get done and it will be, what it will be... But that being said, there is still a lot to get done. 

The last time I updated, we were waiting for our 31 week ultrasound because Baby J was just not as active as its older brother. The doctor wanted to make sure everything looked good and to calm my nerves. So a little over a week ago, Matt and I went for our final ultrasound. It is always a little nerve racking to go. You just want everything to be perfect. And of course, Matt was playing eagle eye the whole time trying to see if we are having a boy or girl. 

Anyway, the baby was in a sleep cycle during the first part of the ultrasound. This didn't make the doctor or us too happy. We wanted to see some good movement. But it did allow for her to take some measurements of the little one and to look at all of the organs again. At 31 weeks the baby is weighing about 3 and 1/2 pounds, it tons of hair and the head is facing down. Which means that at 40 weeks Baby J could weigh about 8 pounds. So we are hoping to evict the little one at 38 weeks. A nice 7 pound baby sounds great to me! After getting all of the measurements and checking the organs, the doctor had me turn on my side. At that point and a few pushes on the belly, the baby kicked and stretched. This allowed us to see that all is well with Baby J. This little one is just more relaxed than Lucas. 

As for if Matt was able to tell if we are having a little boy or girl, he thinks he saw boy parts. But the doctor didn't even look there. So we will have to see if Matt is right in 5-8 weeks. Also, we got the clear to travel to San Diego. I will be 32 weeks, turning 33 weeks while we are there. She said everything looked good, but if I went into labor while we are in Yuma, to turn around and come back. Hopefully, this will not be the case and I can make it at least 5 more weeks!

Since that appointment, I have been feeling the baby a lot more. There are definitely times when you can see the baby shift from one side to the other. Also, you can see the legs and arms moving in my belly. This makes me feel a lot better. Lucas was just a busy baby! And still is a very busy toddler!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Tons of hearburn (thanks to the tons of hair), it is getting harder and harder to sleep, nesting has set in but there is no time to really make anything come of it, and definitely in maternity clothes.

Pregnancy Cravings: Chocolate milk, cranberry bliss bars made by my favorite coffee company, and fruit. What I don't want to eat: chicken or some meat products.

 Here are some of the ultrasound pictures of Baby J at 31 weeks!
This is a picture of the baby facing us.


 This is similar to the one above, but you can see it's little arm and its knee.

Here is my belly shot at 32 weeks.
Oh yeah!
There is definitely a baby in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.