Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Legoland... Loads of Fun!

I must say that our first day in San Diego was successful! But before I begin telling you about our day at Legoland, I wanted to share a picture of a very tuckered out little boy! He was so good on the car ride from AZ, but when it was time for bed... It was time for bed. So precious sleeping in a big bed.
 Anyway, now I will tell you about our adventure at Legoland! Lucas was so good, most of the day. There were a couple of minor meltdowns, but I can't blame him. He only had about 7 hours of sleep the night before compared to the usual 10-11 hours. So he was a little tired, but didn't want to miss a thing. It is hard for a little boy to sleep in a hotel room, wake up and want to go back to bed. So he was wide awake at 5:50 CA time which is 6:50 AZ time.

Here we are getting ready to head into the park.
 Of course, the proud Grandparents wanted to go with Lucas to his first amusement park.
Grandpa Fildes, Grandma Fildes, Grandpa Johnson & Grandma Johnson.
 Our first adventure of the day was a boat ride around part of the park. Lucas enjoyed the boat ride a lot. There were a ton of animals and world attractions made out of Legos for us to look at.

Here is Lucas waiting so nicely in line for the boat ride.
 While he was waiting, he decided to hold Morgan's hand.
They are such great buddies!
 One of the dinosaurs on the boat ride. 
It is amazing to think about how many legos it takes to make a figure like that.
 After the boat ride we had timed it perfectly to go to a 3D show... Bob the Build.er. Which I would have thought Lucas would love. So here was minor meltdown number 1. He was good at first and even tried wearing the 3D glasses for a little bit. But once the show started, he took the glasses off which made the show very blurry so he quickly lost interest and said, "All done!" And he was "All done!" So I made for the exit. Once we were out of the show, he was fine. Maybe we will try a show when he is a little older.

Doesn't he look so handsome in the glasses, though?
 After the show, we went on our first real amusement park ride. The airplanes. Of course, the ride wasn't recommended for pregnant ladies, so Lucas was going to ride with Grandpa Fildes. It was a little hard to hide the belly. I was able to stay with him until he had to get on the ride, but then Grandpa got in back.
 Lucas enjoyed the airplane ride, at first...
Then when it was ending, it stopped quickly and jerked the plane... Now we have minor meltdown number 2. If the plane didn't jerk, I think he would have LOVED riding in the plane. The meltdown didn't last long. Once he was off the ride and in my arms all was right with the world.
 After the plane ride, we headed for the huge Dino Dig sandbox. This was a hit with my little man. He could have played in there all day long!
 He dug up bones, filled his bucket with sand, threw a little sand, brushed off the bones with the paintbrush. Lucas just loved playing and being able to do what he wanted to do.
 Here Lucas is "Roaring" like a dinosaur!
 We did take a little break after the Dino Dig for a little lunch. Then we headed out for a little more fun. Lucas and water mix together like peanut butter and jelly. They just fit perfectly. So of course, he wanted to play in the water fountain part. He enjoyed jumping on the yellow circles which made the water shoot out. He didn't really want to get wet, he just enjoyed the water spraying out.

 Our last adventure of the day was a little building while we waited for the car ride. The best part of this 45 minute wait, was that Grandma Fildes waited in line, while Lucas and I played with the blocks. The people at Legoland are very smart and had blocks for the kids to play with while parents or grandparents wait in line. That way busy, little toddlers can play versus waiting in line. Also, I must note that Lucas has never played with blocks for 45 minutes. But he played the whole time!
 Little zebras made out of legos.
 Finally, it was our turn to ride on the cars.
The whole time he was driving, Lucas kept saying, "Bye, bye Daddy!"
Too cute!
 I got to go with Lucas on this ride.
 On our way out of the park, Lucas and I took a family picture.
Matt was with his team at basketball, so we replaced him with his other Father.
"Luke, I am your father!"
 Before we left the park, Lucas was out like a light.
So tired... He fell asleep holding my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.