Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Five Days of Christmas

So I have decided to redo the 12 Days of Christmas to recap our first family Christmas together. It is now the 5 Days of Christmas.

On the first day of Christmas (Monday), what my family did today... We went to Winterhaven. Please check the earlier blog for those details.

On the second day of Christmas (Tuesday), what my family did today... We celebrated our niece, Abigail's birthday. Dinner was an event because Lucas was so over tired that he cried the whole dinner. He and I spent a lot of time in the car in the parking lot of the restaurant. GOOD TIMES!!!

On the third day of Christmas (Wednesday), what my family did today... We went on a trip to Scottsdale to spend time with Matt's Uncle Steve and his family. It was so nice to visit with them. It has been awhile and we were looking forward to them meeting Lucas. They were so kind to host us for dinner and we had a nice time reminiscing. For those of you who were wondering about how Lucas did on the ride up, he did great. He slept the whole time up and back to Tucson.

On the fourth day of Christmas (Thursday), what my family did today... We had dinner with Matt's parents, sister and her family. We also went to church and Lucas did such a good job. He slept through most of the service. Except for a little diaper change that Matt did. And thank goodness that Matt took care of it because it was not a pleasant one.

Hanging out with my cousins: Noah & Abby.
We are too cute!
On the fifth day of Christmas (Friday), what my family did today... We certainly enjoyed our first Christmas with Lucas. I know he is too little to remember it, but it will be a memory that Matt and I will have forever. Lucas was such a good baby, he didn't get up until 9 am and we didn't start opening presents until 10:30 am. YAY!!! I know this will not happen next year, but Matt and I enjoyed the extra sleep since we haven't gotten to bed before midnight all week. He got two presents from Santa which he will definitely enjoy when he gets a little older. He was so cute "opening" his toys, well... the look on his face was priceless. After we opened presents at our house, we went to Matt's parents' house to celebrate the rest of the day with them. We had a nice dinner, played games (Bananagrams is a great game & I highly recommend it to families) and hung out together. Then that evening my family flew in from Colorado so that we could begin our celebration together which is a family trip to San Diego. We are going to San Diego because Matt's basketball team is in a tournament. I will update you on the happenings of that vacation when I return.

So excited to open my presents!
Can't you tell by the look on his face.
My present from Santa is bigger that me.
Big Brother Husker opened his present from Santa while showing Lucas how it is done.
I love my new toy. He even says my name!
My horse! I can't wait to ride it when I get older!
Husker loved my toys too.
We will have to keep an eye on him.
Can't wait to see what is in my stocking!
I just love all of my new toys!
Can't wait to play with them.
And I am spent. Time to take a nap!
We hope that all of you had a wonderful time with your families as well during this holiday season. Take the time to enjoy these special moments as we did this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.