Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

34 Weeks & Counting

So we are now in our 34th week. It is hard to believe that we are just a few short weeks away from welcoming this little one into our family. Last week we went to our final 2 week appointment before we start the weekly ones. It was a great appointment. It looks as if I am measuring about one week ahead at this point so the clock is definitely ticking... Loudly! We also discussed a possible induction date. Why? Well, we are in the middle of basketball season and I would like Matt to be there. Luckily, the doctor was very open to it. Her son's played basketball so she understands the time commitment that is required. So as of right now, we are schedule at St. Joe's on February 12th. That is if the little one doesn't come before then. We will have more information at our 36 week appointment about how the little one is progressing.

So since the little one is going to join us in a few weeks, it is time to start getting the house ready. Now! We have been busy cleaning, organizing and setting things up in the house. It is amazing how small a house can become once you add in baby items with toddler toys. I am not going to lie... I am feeling a little claustrophobic. Luckily, the good ol' Tar.get had all of their organizing things on sale over the last couple of weeks, so we have been busy putting toddler toys into bins so it doesn't look too bad. I think we are just about ready. I think the only BIG thing we need to do is pack the hospital bag. Every once in awhile, I add a few items, but I really need to spend a little bit getting it really ready and making a list of the last minute items to add.

Lucas is such a big brother.
He was helping me wash bottles. 
Here we go again!

Baby Stats: Currently the baby is measuring about 4 1/2 to 5 pounds. It is about 18 inches. Similar to the size of a cantaloupe. The lungs are continuing to mature so that they are ready for the fresh air. Also, Baby J is putting on a little fat... As well as Mommy! At least it feels that way. Although, at my last appointment I hadn't gained any weight since the last visit. YAY!

Pregnancy Symptoms: Tons of hearburn (thanks to the tons of hair), it is getting harder and harder to sleep, the baby is starting to drop, and definitely in maternity clothes.

Pregnancy Cravings: Tons of fruit, anything salty, yogurt, and Luc.ky Charms cereal. What I don't want to eat: chicken or some meat products. It really depends on the day to tell you the truth. It is getting harder to eat because there really isn't much room left. Plus the heartburn really hurts and it really isn't fun to eat.


34 Week Belly Shot!
Check out that lovely belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.