Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

36 & 37 Weeks!

So I am sure you all are awaiting anxiously for the how things are progressing. I am feeling good, just tired and a little stressed. Things are pretty much ready, it is just a few little things and a lot of school things that need to get finished before Baby J can arrive. I have been telling people that as soon as I press done on the yearbook for school, I will go into labor. I think that is the biggest item on the "To Do" list. Well... And clean the house. I would like to just make sure the little one comes home to a nice, clean house. We did get the bags packed this weekend and a list of the last minute items that need to be packed. The only thing left to do for the hospital is to write up my birth plan. I thought I saved Lucas', but I can't find it on my computer. I may have to start from scratch. Matt says, all I need to write is to get the baby out and we are good to go. I do have to add a few more details in the plan such as I am RH negative so they need to give me a shot right after the baby is born and to start me on antibiotics right away because I have Strep B. I had it with Lucas as well, so I know the drill. The Dr. said to make sure they know that as soon as I walk in the door!!! Otherwise, it can be really harmful to the baby if they don't. 

I have had two weekly examines now and everything is looking really good for Baby J. We have adjusted the induction date for February 10th... Unless I go earlier. The Dr. is on call that day and we really would like for her to be there since she is the BEST! So at my last two appointments I have been checked to see how dilated I am and to see how much I am effacing. At 35 weeks, I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. This week I am 1 1/2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. So we are definitely progressing. I have had a lot of braxton hicks. The doctor told me today, that I should either go into labor this weekend because she is on call or I need to wait a week because she is going out of town and won't be back until the 5th. Good times! 

Since she told me that, I am trying to process my NEW biggest fear! 
1. Dr. is out of town all of next week.
2. Matt is in Douglas on Friday that week for a basketball game.
3. My parents won't be here yet.

Doesn't that sound like a Triple Threat! All 3 of those things are just asking for a disaster. So now we are just working out a plan... Just in case. I can just see me in the labor room all by myself with a nurse giving birth with a different doctor. Oh yeah! My mother-in-law will have Luke, Matt will be driving like a maniac from Douglas and my parents will be driving like maniacs from Colorado. Hopefully that doesn't happen. But if it does... Oh well. My thought is if I write it down, it won't happen. Here's hoping!
37 Week Belly Shot!
We have dropped for sure!
Baby Stats: Currently the baby is measuring about 7 to 7 1/2 pounds. It is about 19 inches. The baby has dropped and the head is down. 

Pregnancy Symptoms: Heartburn, Heartburn and more HEARTBURN!!! Tired as well. Oh yeah and my feel are starting to swell again. Not pretty! I have only gained one pound in two weeks! YAY! But if you were to look at me, you would have guessed more. And trust me, I felt like I have gained more.

Pregnancy Cravings: Cereal, milk, mexican food and lots of fruit. 

Here are the bags all ready to go!

 And the list of "Last Minute" items to pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.