So I am sure you all are wondering about the success or maybe the lack of success to moving Lucas into his Big Boy room. Well... I am not going to lie. It has been a little rough, but he does sleep in there every night. We knew it would be a HUGE transition for Lucas and us. We have loved the fact that we could lay Lucas down in his crib, leave the room and that he would fall asleep on his own. Now we are in a wee bit of a different situation. We take Lucas to his room, read a few books, sing a few songs and then the adventures begin.
Some nights, he will lay there and fall asleep. Some nights, he will play on his bed and then fall asleep. Some nights, he will will cry for a little while and then we will go up, lay with him and he will fall asleep. Some nights, there is no such luck of him falling asleep and we take a little drive. You just never know what type of night it will be. I am not sure how to break some of those not-so-nice habits. But I am sure it will come. I have to tell myself that.
Also, I won't lie... The problem with me laying in bed with Lucas is that I am in the final stages of my last trimester and I am completely exhausted. So most nights when I am laying in the bed with the little man, I fall asleep. The other issue is that most nights Lucas wakes up in the middle of the night and I go into to get him to fall back asleep and I fall asleep in there, too! So Matt and Lucas are truly enjoying having the bed to themselves without the pregnant lady.
So it may not have been as successful as one might have hoped, but we are slowly making progress. At least, Lucas does not want any part of his crib anymore and really does LOVE his Big Boy room. He asks to go in there and sleep. And at night he leads you up the stairs to his room and heads for the "Big Bed!" It is just the sleeping part that we are working on.
Lucas loves his UofA room!
It is just perfect for him and his obsession of basketball and ALL sports.
Lucas' "Big Bed."
Also, that is a basketball court that Matt made out of hard wood flooring.
One of Lucas' favorite things in the room.
Lucas' side of the bed is the one closest to the wall...
Mine is the other side.
Those are the black out curtains.
A must for any child's bedroom.
See all of those toys?
They were once in the room...
But they make a great distraction for a little boy...
So...
They are now downstairs in the under-stairs storage closet.
I am not sure why we didn't start them there.
It actually makes a great little place to hide toys!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.