Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tooth Trouble!

Well folks... It has been long over due since Lucas has had teeth since WAY before he turned one! But I will admit I have been putting it off. I don't know why. I think it is just because I wasn't sure how Lucas would handle the whole ordeal. Fortunately, we have a really good friend who is a pediatric dentist and so when he kept asking when we were going to bring Lucas in to see him, we couldn't make any more excuses. Plus I knew we would be in great hands with him and his assistant. You really couldn't choose a better dentist than this guy. I knew Lucas would not really appreciate having someone poke around in his mouth and Dr. Donley reassured us that it was alright if Lucas wasn't a fan. Most children Lucas' age aren't. He said he will cry and turn purple, but everything would be great.  He was right! Anyway, here is the play-by-play!

Here is Lucas in the waiting room!
You can't go wrong with a little Nin.tendo and gaming chairs.

 Here we are waiting for the Dr.
Lucas is playing on the i.Pad.
Anything to keep him from playing with the equipment and playing dentist himself.
 Here is Lucas seeing Dr. Donley for the first time outside of a party or football game.
Not so sure at first!
 But then... He brought out all of the fun dentist toys and Lucas had a blast.
Especially with the "slurping" tool!

 Then the fun began.
Lucas opened up real wide... Just because he was crying!
But he was in good hands.
 He had his teeth counted, examined, brushed, flossed and a had a little fluoride put on.
NO CAVITIES and all of his teeth are in, including the 2-year old molars!
Quite the chompers on this little man!
 All done!
And he didn't bite the Dr. even once!
You can tell by how red his face is that he didn't like it too much...
 BUT then the Dr. pulled out the treasure box and Lucas was in heaven.
And bonus... There was a basketball toy in there!
It was a great trip and we will be back in 6-months! Lucas did great and I was so proud of him. Thank you Dr. Donley! You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.