Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Friday, May 28, 2010

School's Out for Summer!

School's out for summer. School's out forever. School's been blown to pieces. No more pencils. No more books. No more teacher's dirty looks! Thank you Alice Cooper, not AC/DC - thanks Becca : )

YAY! We made it! School's out! I survived this year. It is crazy to think about how I started this school year 6 months pregnant and now I have a 7 month old. How time flies! I feel like it has been a long, but fast school year. I had a wonderful class of 28 first graders who are now ready for 2nd grade. They are wonderful kids and I will miss them.

Today was teacher grading day and cleaning day. I have been doing a little bit of cleaning each day for the past week. I have been pitching, organizing and filing. As most of you know... teachers are notorious for being packrats. Not me. I am not going to succumb to it anymore. If I haven't used in the past year, it went in the trash!

So I spent most of my day hanging out with Lucas. Yes, that is right I brought Lucas to school. I did little things, but mostly played with him. He had a great time. My room is cleared in the middle. I set up a blanket, brought some toys, his food and bottles. He played, I filed. He played, we played together. He played, I cleaned. He played with Morgan. It was a nice way to start the summer.

I am so happy that I get 6 weeks to be a mom. Don't get me wrong, I love teaching. BUT... it will be nice not to grade, enter grades, do lesson plans... I get to hang out with my son. Doing the things that we want to do, when we want to do them. We already have a few playdates lined up, a trip to Colorado, a trip to New York and many other fun things. Mostly, I am just excited to watch him grow and learn new things. It is nice to be a mom. You just can't beat it.

Here is a picture of him hanging out with Morgan in my classroom. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. So so cute. He's so big!

    (and psst... It's Alice Cooper, not AC/DC :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.