Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

World's Best Parents & Grandparents!

So as most of you know, my parents have been here since before Lucas was born and have stayed to help after. I couldn't have been more grateful. Let me list all of the wonderful support that they have provided me and our new family.

1. Guided me through 39 weeks of being pregnant.
2. Were there when people kept calling and asking when I was going to have the baby and I was frustrated.
3. Provided comfort when people were saying that "It will be the worst pain you will feel in your life." or "You are going to have a bigger baby than I did."
4. Went to doctor's appointments with me.
5. Were there when we went to the hospital to have Lucas.
6. Waited patiently while I was in labor from 8 am until 8 pm when we finally let them in the room. This was no easy feet because Matt and I didn't let them know that Lucas was a boy until they came back to the room.
7. Brought breakfast, lunch and dinner to Matt and me at the hospital while we were there.
8. Mom was there when I was struggling with breastfeeding and provided comfort when we decided to use a bottle and supplement with formula.
9. Dad took the 6 am feedings so that I could go back to sleep. This was the best now that I have to get up and do the 6 am feedings.
10. Mom took the 10 am feedings so that I could do my hair and make-up each day. Yay! This makes a postpartum mom feel better.
11. Made breakfast, lunch and dinners.
12. Made Starbucks and McDonald coke runs. It has been forever since I drank a McDonald's coke. They taste so good.
13. Changed numerous diapers, outfits and cleaned the house.
14. Went with me to all of Lucas' doctor appointments.
15. Provided advice when I asked about his belly button, goopy eyes, and circumcision area.
16. Did laundry. Not only Lucas', but mine as well.
17. Took me shopping while the boys watched Lucas so I could get out of the house. This is also wonderful for postpartum moms who just need a little dose of fresh air and GAP.
18. Were here for me while basketball started for Matt and he was gone some days from 7 am until 9 pm. There is no way I could have handled that all by myself.
19. Through my 30th birthday celebration and bought me Dairy Queen for my birthday dessert. I have been dying to have caramel sundaes since I got pregnant and now I can have them!!!
20. Best of all... they provided comfort and love to us and Lucas. He just loved cuddling his grandparents.

1 comment:

  1. Your parents are awesome!!!! Where were they 2 years ago today when I had twins?! I could have TOTALLY used them!!! LOL!!! What a blessing - I'm sure they loved every minute of it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.