Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Sunday, May 5, 2013

April Adventures!

It has been a very busy month. April is my busiest time of year. It is AIMS (statewide testing) month and when you are coordinating AIMS for over 700 students grades 2nd -5th, you don't really have much spare time. The week leading up to testing is filled with labeling, bubbling and organizing. The week of testing, I am checking in and out 700 tests, managing the overflow students and then counting and checking each and every 700 test when they are turned in at the end of each day. The week after, I am testing the students who have make up sessions, triple counting, boxing and sending away the tests to be scored. The thing that saves me those 3 weeks is that my parents come down from Colorado so that I can be at school by 6:15 am and leave school around 4 pm. They are truly a blessing. They cook dinner every night, they clean the house, and mostly they help with the kids. They make our lives so much easier! I am so lucky to have such great parents in my life!

So it is really hard to imagine that we are already in May! Time is flying by. Our weekends have been so busy and it is not getting any slower anytime soon. But the best part about having busy weekends is that we are having so many fun times as a family. But it also means that I don't really have as much time to blog as I would like. So here is a little recap of our adventures from this month. 

I decided to try my luck in keeping a plant alive and so far I have been successful. 
I even planted some mint and that is hanging on. 
Luckily Lucas loves to water the plants every night. 
This is probably why the plants are surviving.

Lucas had his very first school performance. 
He totally rocked it and I am so proud of him!
I really can't wait for his next one in a year.


We ventured to the fair.
It was a blast for the whole family!
We will definitely go again next year!


But most importantly, we just had fun as a family!
Macie has become quite the little character.
She likes to play hide-and-seek by hiding behind the curtains.
So if we notice that Macie is missing, we know she is hiding behind the curtains.
Hysterical!


Then we celebrated Grandpa Johnson's birthday!

Also, the kids are really starting to play together. Most of the time it is civil play, but they do have their moments where they would prefer the other one was no where near them. This is mostly on Lucas' end. He really does like playing with Macie, but he has his moments where he will gently (I mean... maybe a little roughly) tap her so she falls down or pushes her out of his way. But a couple of days, I really caught them playing with Macie's car really nicely together and they were laughing so hard. It was so funny!


Lucas was pushing Macie around the kitchen over and over and she thought it was the best time of her life!
So she decided to return the favor!
Too funny!
Favored returned again!
And we have been spending a lot of time outside. The weather has been so nice and Lucas and Macie really enjoy being outdoors. The love playing in the water table! 
Look at that smile!



These next few pictures are a riot. It is a series of pictures that led to the most laughs on Macie's end.

Bucket full of water.
Bucket full of water tilted!
Bucket full of water poured all down on Macie!
She just laughed and laughed!
Then the best part of the month on Lucas' end was that he got to wear pj's to school! For months we have been playing the "Can you wear pj's to school?" or "Does Christian wear pj's to school?" or "Does Ms. Terry wear pj's to school?" card so that he gets dressed in the morning for school. Well that card is done being played. But it was the best day in his preschool life! We will have to think of a new card to play so that he gets dressed in the morning!
Totally worth the cards played for this cute smile!
And folks... That wraps up our April Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.