Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teacher Appreciation!

I have been a teacher for over 10 years now and I have always enjoyed Teacher Appreciation Week! The handmade gifts from the kids, the flowers, the post it notes, the classroom supplies and best of the gift cards. No matter what the gift, it was always fun to see what surprises awaited you each day. 

Now I am on the other side of Teacher Appreciation. Now I am the mom of a preschooler who needs to come up with some great gifts for the teachers. Yes, that is right. Teachers as in plural. Lucas has four teachers in his classroom each day and then add in the speech therapist on Thursday, then it makes five teachers on Thursday. Holy Moly! 

Since I am responsible for providing four gifts Monday through Wednesday and five on Thursday it takes some planning. So I have been buying things little by little for over a month. This way I can spread out the wealth. You know I am on a teacher's budget providing gifts for teachers. How ironic!

 Lucas has been helpful through the whole process. In fact, the other morning when I was putting them altogether, Lucas helped by putting them in the little bags. 

Lucas has been so excited to take the gifts each day to school. He thinks he is hot stuff! Every night he asks, what am I taking tomorrow? Anyway, so here are the lovely gifts that I came up with.

Monday
"You are the Bees Knees!"
Burts Beess chapstick and lip gloss.
Along with a little container and markers.


Tuesday
"It's Noted How Sharp You Have Made Lucas!"
Post it notes and sharpie pens.
Along with a little container and sharpie markers.



 Wednesday
"Filing You as an A+ Teacher"
Nail polish and a nail file.
Along with a little container and expo markers.


Thursday
"Thank You for Quenching Lucas' Thirst for Knowledge"
Water flavoring packets and a Starbucks gift card.
Along with a little container and glue sticks.

 


And that wraps up Teacher Appreciation Week! All of Lucas' teachers deserve every gift! They have make Lucas' first schooling experience wonderful and he really enjoys going to school each day. 
You can't ask for anything more! 
BUT... I am not going to lie... 
I can't wait until he is in Elementary School and I only have one teacher to buy gifts for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.