"Happy Mother's Day!" Those were the first words I heard yesterday from my little boy as he is handing me flowers. Such music to my ears. They were also the last words he uttered to me as he fell asleep tonight. It has been a very special weekend. But to me, every day is mother's day. I am so lucky to have been blessed with two of the most wonderful children. They may test me in every way possible. And there are moments when I want to lock myself in the bathroom for a few minutes, but I wouldn't change my title of Mom for anything.
Of course, I wouldn't be half the mom I am without the best role model in the world! I am sure my mom had moments when my sisters would test her and make her want to lock herself in the bathroom as well. But she truly is one remarkable woman. She is there for my sisters and me when we need her the most. She supports us in every decision we make. She loves us unconditionally. She is our rock! I truly love her! I hope I am half the mom she is because that would be an amazing feat.
Now onto the highlights of my Mother's Day weekend!
Matt took the kids and I to lunch on Saturday. The funny part is before kids we would eat at a restaurant were we would take our time, enjoy every bite, have a great conversation... Now that we have kids, we pick a restaurant that is quick to serve the food, we shove the food down within minutes and we rarely talk to each other. All of this to make sure we eat before a potential meltdown happens. Luckily, there was no meltdown during lunch. They were pretty good. Funny how children can change your life. But even though we don't spend over an hour eating a meal, we wouldn't trade our 20 minute lunch for anything.
| He was so excited for his mac n cheese. I was so excited for the mac n cheese. So delicious! |
| I love this picture! He is so cute! |
| The reason I am a Mom! |
| The best kids in the world! |
| The closest picture I got of the two of them together! |
After our picnic, we headed to Matt's parents' house to continue our celebration. Again another fun time with the family. Matt took Lucas and Macie swimming. I didn't even think to pack swimsuits, but Grandma Johnson had some at her house. Lucas' and Macie's swimsuits were from last year and they still fit. Yes, little Miss Macie fit in her 6-9 month swimsuit. She is that little. We enjoyed some delicious dinner and dessert.
I love that we are able to celebrate Mother's Day with Matt's grandma. My kids are really lucky to have her as part of their lives. We are also lucky to have Matt's mom as Lucas and Macie's grandma. She has been such a support to us. She watches the kids every day so we don't have to have a babysitter. She takes Lucas to preschool, watches Macie while he is at preschool, picks Lucas up and takes both kids to her house. She has made the transition of being a working mom so easy. We couldn't have asked for a better grandma to watch our kids.
| Such sweet moments! |
It is hard to think of Mother's Day presents, but with the help of Pinterest, I found this quote and that it would make the perfect gift for my mom and Great Grandma. The original quote is, "The only thing better than having you as my mom, is having you as my kids grandma." Then for Matt's grandma we just adapted the quote to say, "The only thing better than having you as my grandma, is having you as my kids great grandma." So I decided to have Lucas and Macie holding signs to make the quote. Then I put them in a picture frame. The funny part is that my mom said all she wanted was pictures of the kids for her present. The idea turned out perfect if I do say so myself!
I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!
I know I did!










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.