Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Perfect Date!

A couple of weekends ago, I decided that I needed to spend some special time with my little boy. The days are so busy and has been doing a great job of sharing with his sister, but at some point he just needs some one-on-one time with his Mommy. So I decided that we would go on a little Mommy and Me date to the movies. 

Lucas was so excited to have special time and to go on a date. He was even more excited about going to the movies. He loves to watch movies at home and is really starting to get into them. He is paying attention and getting the jokes. Plus, I love going to the movies. It is a nice escape. 

Of course, we got our favorite treats so we could enjoy the movie going experience to the fullest. Lucas chose M & M's. I got popcorn. We shared both. When we were getting our treats, they were showing a preview for a sequel to one of the movies Lucas loves to watch at home. He thought that it was showing in one of the theaters and really wanted to go see that movie. It took a little convincing that it was not showing yet. But we managed to start making our way to our movie.

Then... We saw a display for another sequel to another movie Lucas LOVES to watch. He thought for sure this movie was showing right now. So it took a little bit more convincing that it was not playing, in fact, it doesn't come out until the summer. We were able to move on and made our way into the theater for the movie that was showing. 

He did a great job! He may not have sat through the whole movie. I purposely chose the front row with the bar in front so he could stand when he wanted. He is a great date! I can't wait to do more of these with Lucas. I really can't wait until the movies he wanted to see come out this summer. Those will be even better dates!


My handsome date!
Of course Mickey came with us on our date!
Good times.
This was the display of the movie he really wanted to see!
This summer my little man... This summer!
Maybe we will even take Daddy to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.