Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Fever!

The weather is so nice right now that we are spending most of our days outside. There are a few benefits to being outdoors with the kiddos. The first is that Lucas can work on his golf game, I can work on my tan, but mostly when we are outside, Lucas and Macie are in their elements. They LOVE being outside and are rarely whining when we are basking in the sun.

Today I decided to do a little yard work while Macie was taking her morning nap and Matt was at basketball. While I was picking the weeds in the backyard, I decided we needed some plants. Plus Lucas enjoys watering Grandma & Grandpa Johnson's plants so much I thought it would be a great chore for him. So after lunch, I took both Lucas and Macie to "The Friendly Hardware Place" and we bought a few flowers, a flower pot and some planting soil. One of my favorite parts about the "Friendly Place" is that they have little grocery carts that are the perfect size for Lucas. 

Lucas pushing the cart full of flowers.
The rest of the planting was quite a little adventure. Lucas was totally into it and Macie was totally into the dirt and mess of it all. Lucas loved putting the soil into the planter until his hands got soil on them. Then he looked at me and said, "Messy Lucas!" Then he dipped his hands into the water table to wash them off. Lucas doesn't like to have messy hands. (He doesn't mind making the mess along as he isn't messy!)

Lucas lining up the flowers ready to be planted. 
Macie checking out what Big Brother is doing.
Macie is bored with it already... She just wanted to play in the water.
So proud of himself!
Then it was time to get to work. We needed to get them planted before they died or Macie took them out of their individual pots. Lucas filled the planter with soil. Macie filled the patio with soil. I arranged the flowers in the planter. Then we filled in the rest with the soil and watered it. Lucas was so proud of his work!

Concentrating so hard. 

Yep... That sums up little Miss Macie.
Instead of putting the soil in the planter, she put the soil on the patio.
Much more fun that way!



Such great workers!
It looks so pretty... I just hope it survives.
After our try at having a green thumb, it was time to play a little bit! Macie and Lucas have been enjoying the water table. Little did I know it would become the golf ball washer. Lucas fills the table up with all of his golf balls, washes them and then takes them out to putt. Silly!

Macie loves to pick up the golf balls and throw them into the water.
It makes a huge splash and she laughs so hard!




Since we are being so green, I thought I would try a new hairdo for Macie. She has these adorable flower clips, but rarely leaves them in. Today she actually left the clip in all day. Maybe she was feeling the flower power!



Trouble! With a capital T!
It is a good thing she is so stinkin' cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.