Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Monday, April 22, 2013

Fair Fun!

One of the highlights of where we live is the Pima County Fair! I have lived in Arizona for almost 15 years and I have yet to go to this wonderful event. I wasn't even sure if I was going to venture there this year. Mostly because I wasn't sure if I wanted to take 2 little ones there. I know you are thinking, but she has taken them to Disneyland and Sea World. It does seem a little silly. 

Most of my reservation comes from the Midway part of the fair. I didn't really want to fight with a 3-year old and his obsession in playing games, especially the basketball games. But alas we went to the fair this past weekend. It was so nice outside and there was really no reason NOT to go. I am so glad we decided to go. We really had a great time and the kids were perfect!

There were a few parts that were my favorite. One of those parts included the Petting Zoo. Macie really had a great time looking at all of the animals. She was fascinated. Matt was holding her when we first walked in, but she was wiggling with all of her little might to get down. So he finally let her down and she squealed with delight! She may have called each of the animals a "Doggie" but she loved every moment. Lucas had a blast with the animals too! He loved petting and naming each one. 


This might be my favorite picture of her with the animals.
You can just see her excitement!




This is a favorite one as well.
This little goat put its head on her shoulder!
He was just the right size for Macie.

We all know Lucas loves to ride on the carousel. We didn't even attempt to take Macie on it. Not her favorite thing. He was so happy!


Just look at that smile!
Pure happiness!
Lucas even got to ride a few rides "All by myself!" It is hard for me to imagine that he is old enough and tall enough to ride on rides with out me. Makes me a little sad. The age and height requirement for the kid rides were 3 years and at least 36 inches. He was well above 36 inches. He is was closer to 40 inches. Seriously. When did he become such a big boy!


The best part of the whole night was when Lucas got to ride on the bumper cars. He was so proud of himself! To tell you the truth I wasn't sure how he was going to do, but he did great!


I even took a video of the event. Hysterical! Here is a little breakdown of the car ride for your enjoyment... Sorry if the video is a little grainy. I took it with my phone.
At 27 seconds in, he puts his hands on his head. You can tell he just isn't quite sure of what to do. Then he gets the hang of it for a little bit.
At 37 seconds this puts his thumbs up in the air and declares that he has just won! You will see him starting to unbuckle. 
At 59 seconds the worker comes over to help Lucas and turns the wheel so he isn't stuck any more on the wall. Then he gets the hang of it for a little bit longer, even though he is mostly spinning in a circle.
At 1:29 he hits a car and says, "Hey yo!" Too funny!


Finally you know how I was so worried about the Midway and if Lucas would be too obsessed with the games. Well, we only played two games. One of which was a basketball game. He had two shots and he made both. I think the basketball guy was in shock that Lucas made both baskets! He was so happy because he won a UofA basketball! I don't know if Lucas or Daddy was more proud! 

The face says it all... It was a great time!
So glad we went!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.