Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Happiest Place on Earth!

Since I was pregnant with Lucas (about 3 years ago), we have been thinking about when would be the appropriate time to take Lucas to Disneyland. We debated waiting until he was 5, but then we made a decision that for his 3rd birthday, we would take him. We have been planning this trip since the summer and I have been counting down the days until Fall Break so that we could head to the Happiest Place on Earth. To get Lucas prepared, we had been showing him pictures and videos of Disneyland and all of the rides. He was super excited! Although, I am not sure if Lucas was more excited or if I was. 

There is always a little hesitation in taking the family on a road trip, staying in a hotel and then having all of the stimulus of a theme park. But the whole trip was a huge success. Both of the kids were good in the LONG car ride. Thank goodness Macie is over her hatred of the car. She was such a trooper. Lucas enjoyed watching movies and playing on the i.Pad. Plus, Macie enjoys watching Mickey on the i.Pad as well. That entertained her for a bit. 

Anyway, we set of early on a Monday morning with two Grandmas, one Grandpa and the kiddos. We took two cars so that there was plenty of room to take all of the items necessary. Although with all of the travels that we have done with the kids, I am learning how to pack successfully and with less. We were able to get it all in our car, even the double stroller. So glad we had the double stroller. Such a life saver in the parks and for the walk to and from the hotel. 

Here is the video that Matt took of Lucas as we set out on our adventure.
It really is adorable.
Plus, I love how he says Disneyland. Too cute!

Disneyland was all decorated for Halloween.
They had pumpkins carved in the shape of all of the characters.

The first night when we got there, we went to Downtown Disney. We were saving our tickets for the next 2 days so we could have 2 whole days in the parks. Lucas loved Downtown Disney so much he thought it actually was Disneyland. He said at one point, "I love Disneyland!" Oh little man, just wait until the morning. You are going to be surprised!

While we were exploring we came across a little car building shop called "Ridemakers." Lucas was so excited because they had all of the "Cars" characters. Of course, he had to build a "Lightning McQueen."
Here he is getting ready to install the tires with Grandpa Fildes. 

The boys had a great time.
Such a man thing to do.
I don't know who was more excited, Grandpa or Lucas.
I think Grandpa might have been a touch more.
Here is Grandpa drilling in the tires. In record time I might add.
He was so fast that I didn't think he had done it because all of the other kids were still working on it and they were just standing there. 





Seriously how cute is this little mechanic!
We had to put the new car in the garage for the night.

A little dinner in Downtown Disney.
So happy!
Traveling is hard work.
Little Macie was sound asleep during dinner and the building of Lightning McQueen.

That is a wrap for Day 1 of Disney. I will not go into all of the details of the night at the hotel. I will save you that pain. Let's just say, I have had better nights of sleep. Totally worth the lack of sleep for what is to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.