It is hard to believe that my little baby boy is now 3 years old! Seriously. I really don't know how he got so big. Time really does fly! My precious little redhead is now a Big Boy! Makes me sad. He is such a little man now. Lucas has his own sense of independence and personality.
Since we took Lucas to Disneyland for his 3rd birthday, we decided to have a Mickey Mouse themed party! We still haven't bit the bullet on inviting more than family and close friends. I am not sure if I am ready for that. I think it is nice when it is really personal. I know once he starts elementary school, we will be doing the big birthday with friends from school. But at this point it is nice to have it just be our family.
 |
| Birthday cards and his Birthday crown from preschool. |
We always start the birthday celebration with a donut. He got to pick his favorite, chocolate with sprinkles. It has become a fun tradition.
 |
| Who doesn't eat their donut with their golf club? |
Before the party started, I tried to take some pictures of the Birthday Boy, but it was a little hot outside. So I got one picture and he was done. Also, I made his birthday shirt. Super simple. It was a cut out of Mickey Mouse with the number 3 cut out with his name. Then you mix a little water with bleach in a spray bottle, spray the mixture on the shirt and voila! Super cute shirt!
 |
| My 3 year old. |
Some of the party decorations! It really turned out cute. If I do say so myself.
 |
| Mickey Mouse cupcakes. |
 |
| Collage of our trip to Disney. |
Let the fun begin. Macie and Makenzie had a little girl time while the older kids were outside playing. It is so fun to see them play together. They are really cute!
 |
| Sporting her Minnie Mouse shirt for her Big Brother's party! |
Now Lucas is getting to the best part! The presents! He was so excited all day. He kept saying, Lucas' birthday party! Lucas' presents.
 |
| A sleeping bag from Grandma & Grandpa Fildes. |
 |
| He has used this almost every day. He likes to just sit and watch movies with it. |
The next couple of presents is what we were all so excited to see how he would react.
 |
| New golf clubs! |
He got a driver and 7 iron from Grandma & Grandpa Johnson.
We gave him a putter and golf bag!
 |
| How cute is he with his golf bag? |
 |
| Is Matt or Lucas more excited? I will leave that up to you. |
 |
Macie trying to sneak the wrapping paper. She crawls so fast when it is something she really wants, but should not have! |
 |
| A volleyball from Cousin Morgan! |
 |
| A Mickey Mouse! He has slept with him every night! |
 |
| New pj's. |
 |
He got a lot of games. I am so excited. I have been waiting for him to be old enough to do "Family Game Night!" |
 |
| Such a trouble maker! |
 |
| Seriously. She is cute, but TROUBLE! |
After opening all of his presents, he was ready to try out his new clubs. He had a blast hitting the golf balls in the lake and over the lake! He is ready to hit the real golf course with Daddy!
 |
| Pure joy! |
 |
| Blowing out his 3 birthday candle! |
 |
So proud of himself! "I did it!" |
 |
| Best friends! |
 |
| Grandpa Fildes, Grandma Fildes and Lucas. |
 |
| Great Grandma, Grandpa Johnson, Grandma Johnson & Lucas! |
 |
My Big Boy! I just love him so much! |
 |
| It is hard to party all day! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.