Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Saturday, March 24, 2012

PGA... Here Comes Lucas!

Lucas has been playing golf inside the house for weeks now. He has a very decent swing... Too decent! As in, if he played inside any longer, my tv, hutch, walls, etc... Might not last very long. So we have been pondering the idea of putting in fake grass along with a mini putting green in the backyard. We have been discussing this for over a year, but really started the discussion this spring. This was the "green" that I needed. I am a Colorado Girl and really miss color. Sorry the desert just isn't just very colorful. 

Well, last Friday Matt had a company come out to take measurements. On Monday we had the quote... Success. It was a lot cheaper than we expected it to be. YAY! Then on Tuesday the company came out a spray painted the design and on Thursday construction began. And finally today it was complete! This made for a very happy 2-year old and Daddy. 

Lucas spent most of the day yesterday staring out the sliding glass door saying various things...


"Outside, please"
"OUTSIDE!"
"Golf."
"Hole in one!"
"Grass."
"Play outside."

It was just too cute. I am not sure if Lucas was more excited or if Matt was. As much as Lucas stared out the door, Matt did too. 


The putting green. A perfect little place for Lucas to work on his golf game.
This is right off of the patio.
This is the area inside the pool fence by the fire pit and spa.
Lucas played soccer there last night. He had a great time.
How cute is he putting in his underoos!
Now we just need to work on swinging the club gently...
Otherwise our neighbors might not be TOO happy.

Can you tell that Matt was excited too?
I can just imagine the competitive games these too will create.



Wanted to see what Macie thought of the grass.
She actually didn't mind it too much.
Why not do a little tummy time on the grass?



I can't wait to spend time outside. I know the little ones will enjoy spending their summer outside... I need to stock up on a lot of sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.