Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Break Breakdown!

We have had the most wonderful Spring Break. I can't really call it Spring Break for myself... since I am still on maternity leave for a couple more weeks. But Matt can call it Spring Break. We have done a lot of things as a family of four during Matt's two weeks off. It has been nice. So hear is the breakdown.

We went to the Tucson Zoo in hopes of seeing the new elephants and polar bear. But no such luck on either animal. The elephants aren't open until the end of March and the polar bear was not outside that day. Bummer. But we did see the giraffes, lion cubs, monkeys and the otters. It is fun taking Lucas to the zoo now because he is really interested in the animals and truly enjoys running around the zoo from exhibit to exhibit. 
Look at how big Lucas is getting!

Macie's first trip to the zoo. Of course she slept through most of it.


Checking out the tortoise.
Watching the silly otters.



Taking a little snack break... Both for Lucas and Macie.
Then we made a little trip to my school. I needed to do a little work and brought the kids along. Lucas thought it was pretty cool to be in Mom's classroom. While I did a little work Macie slept while Lucas did his "homework" which is playing on the i.Pad.


Such a silly face!
After I finished my work, I promise Lucas that he could play on the playground. He was so excited. 
Please note that the first thing he did was find the basketball instead of going down the slide.
The problem with Lucas finding the basketball is that he wanted to shoot hoops. Unfortunately on the little playground, there isn't a hoop to be found. I feel very sorry for his kindergarten teacher because I can almost guarantee that Lucas will try to leave the kinder playground for the "Big Kid" playground where there are hoops. Sorry in advance!


Why would he play on this fun contraption when he can play with a basketball?
I did manage to get him to go down the slide by having him roll the ball down and follow it.
We also had some good quality brother-sister time, too. Lucas is really starting to enjoy being around Macie. Every morning when he comes into our room, he checks on her in the pack and play. "Macie asleep?" He asks this every morning. He really wants to help feed her with the bottles. So helpful (please note the sarcastic tone). He also likes to give her baths (again please not a sarcastic tone). I have learned a little trick to avoid his helpfulness. I get him in the shower and let him play while I give her a bath. Then I wash him while she plays. So far, so good.

A little cuddle time before they both head for bed.
One night over break, we had Aunt Lori and Cousin Morgan over for a little playtime. The Daddy's went to the UofA basketball game. Morgan and Lucas always have the greatest time together. I think they both laugh and play so hard that they crash at night. They are too cute together. Plus, it gives them plenty of practice on sharing for when their siblings are old enough to play with them.

Of course, the older kids had to try out the tummy time mat.
While we were on break, we enjoyed us some St. Patrick's Day fun. We didn't really do anything huge, but we did dress in green and went out to dinner. I would have LOVED a green beverage, but not able to just yet. 

Lucas is wearing a Kermit the Frog shirt that says, "It's easy being green."
Please note that he is swinging his golf club while I am taking the picture.

Macie in her green jacket.
Look at those chubby cheeks. They are so kissable.

Then to entertain my little man while it rained, hailed and snowed over SPRING break, we did a little art project. Thank you Ami for the wonderful idea. Lucas really had a great time painting. He thought he was hot stuff. We hung his fabulous artwork in the kids' bathroom.




Our latest adventure as a family was the Tucson's Children's Museum. Lucas really enjoyed it. Matt and I thought it would have been a little better, but the main fact is that Lucas had a great time. He left saying, "Fun, fun!" So I guess that is the age group that should be judging it.

Again, the best part of the museum for my little man and my big man was the pipes that you connect to roll a ball down.
They had the greatest time slam dunking the ball into the holes and catching it at the end.

Another highlight of the museum was the fire truck and the police motorcycle.










Over break we have had a few to-do's to get done. One of those is putting in some green into the backyard and improving some things around the house. So of course, that requires a trip to the Hom.e Dep.ot. I will show you pictures of our finished product soon. I can't wait!
My men on a mission!
The final moment of the break included a little attention to the hair. Lucas needed a haircut and Macie needed a little girlieness added to her long hair. So I gave Lucas a haircut. Yes, you read that right. I gave him a haircut. He refuses to let anyone cut his hair so it has become my job. I have NO training so we just buzz it. This was the first time he sat still the whole time, let me trim with scissors and even trim with the clippers. Oh yeah! 

Since he was a Big Boy about his haircut, he got to have a brownie!

Doesn't she look so cute with her hairbow!
I know she could care less, but I really think she is pretty precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.