Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Monday, February 6, 2012

38 Weeks & 4 Days to Go!


We are now in week 38! It is a little crazy how fast this pregnancy has gone, but slow at times as well. I will tell you these last few weeks have been a little slow. I think it is just the excitement and anxiousness. First, I must tell you that I have obviously made it through Friday night without going into labor! The best part of having the little one this week is that Matt only has practice this week, my mom is in town and my doctor is back from her conference! YAY! 

Anyway at today's doctors appointment, the doctor measured and we are really progressing now. We went over the plan for Friday morning. Matt and I are to arrive at 7:30 am and she will break my water and then we will let the fun begin! My last day at work is going to be Wednesday. That way I can have a day at home to finalize things. Unless... Baby J decides to come a little earlier on its own. I will be alright with that. 

Now that it is getting really REAL, I am ready to meet our little baby. I can't wait to find out if we are having a little girl or boy. Reveal the name to everyone. And I think the biggest excitement I have is seeing how Lucas will be with the baby. I think he will make a wonderful big brother! 

My parents bought a backpack and put together some toys and snacks while he is hanging out with his new little brother or sister. Plus in the book, the Big Brother's name is Lucas. 

Here is Lucas' survival kit for the hospital.
It is just to precious!

Baby Stats: The doctor said that we are looking at having a 7 to 7 1/2 pound baby. Baby J is measuring about 19 inches. The baby has dropped and the head is down. Also, I am 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. 
Pregnancy Symptoms: Tons of contractions, but not consistent enough to go into labor. Heartburn and nausea. This last week, I would have thought I was in the first trimester with the nausea. I didn't have this with Lucas. I really don't like it at all. 
Pregnancy Cravings: cereal, milk and yogurt. Nothing really new, but all of the Valentine's Day candy doesn't help either. It all looks so delicious!
I will keep you posted! Otherwise, be ready to meet Baby J on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.