Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Friday, March 11, 2011

Recipe Blog!

So in an attempt to be a better wife, Mom and cook I have decided to try out a new, but SIMPLE recipe a week so that our meals don't become the same-old, same old. Then I thought why not share my wisdom with all of my friends to help them with their cooking skills. Plus it was one of my New Year's resolutions to try a new recipe a week. I have been doing pretty well I must say with this resolution. Even during basketball season. WOW!

To help me with the cooking and recipe thing, I have discovered a great blog: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/. In addition to a few new cookbooks: Throw.down with Bobb.y Flay (thank you Mom) and the Hildreth Family cookbook (thank you Aunt Ginny). I do have to admit that most of the Throwdown recipes are quite extravagant, but VERY delicious. These are recipes that I save for Sundays when I have the most time to cook.

So I know you are all tired of listening to me ramble on about my new found self and are waiting for me to share the first recipe. This one comes from my mother-in-law. Thank you Mary Ann.

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
1 pork loin
1 onion diced
1 cup of gingerale
1 jar of bbq sauce
hamburger buns

Combine the pork, onion and gingerale into a crockpot. You can even combine these items the night before and just put the crockpot in the fridge. That way you can get a little extra sleep in the morning. Then cook on low between 8-10 hours (or while you are at work). About 20 minutes before serving, drain the liquid and shred the pork. Add the jar of bbq sauce. Sometimes I add half of the jar of bbq sauce while it is cooking all day and then add the rest of the jar as stated before. Let the sauce get warm, serve on hamburger buns and ENJOY!

So I hope this recipe comes in handy for all of you awesome mom's and dad's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.