Well as many of you have heard by now. We are proud to announce Lucas Mason Johnson. He was born at 6:38 pm on October 22, 2009. He weighed 6 pounds 12 ounces and is 18 3/4 inches long. He was such a trooper as was his dad. Matt was a great coach, as many of you already know that. I couldn't have made it through the day without him!
Lucas Mason Johnson!

Here is the update on the day. We went in at 7 am to begin the induction. We were admitted and taken to our room about 7:30ish. Dr. Weisert broke my water about 8:45 and started me on pitocin. Dr. Weisert also took a sono to make sure the head was down and she noticed that his head was facing the wrong way. This meant a lot of back labor! Lucky me! I was completely off of pitocin by 12ish and contracting and laboring all by myself. We had the best nurse! Genevieve was so wonderful and I couldn't have made it to fully dilated, 100% effaced, and at a 2+ gestation without her & Matt. Matt was wonderful!!! We made it that far without any medication.
Genevieve and Lucas!
At that point, about 4:00 we realized the "Little One" just couldn't make it around my pelvis bone and boy did that hurt. So it was at that point that it was decided an epidural was necessary. This was the only way my pelvis could relax enough for him to get around. So Matt and I took a little snooze around 5 pm. Then starting at 6 pm we started the final push. Dr. Weisert came and even then with the epidural to relax the pelvis we still needed to use forceps to guide his head around the bone.
Dr. Weisert and Lucas! The world's best doctor.
Again I had another great nurse, Erin, who coached my breathing and pushing so wonderfully! Matt was so encouraging, too.
Erin and Lucas.
The Proud Parents. Matt the world's greatest coach & dad!

I felt the head full of strawberry blonde hair. Matt watched the whole thing and cut the umbilical chord. He is the best dad! He is the most precious thing I have ever met! He has my facial features and Matt's hands and feet.. well his long hands and toes! He will be able to grip a basketball just like his dad. He loves to have his hands in his face and fingers in his mouth.
The proud papa!
Enjoy these few pictures of Lucas. We will continue to update you on how everything goes.




He's amazing!! I can't wait to meet him and see you!
ReplyDeleteGeorgia and Matt he is gorgeous! Congrats!!!
ReplyDelete