We are now in Week 36. Only one more week to go and the baby will be considered full-term. Although the longer the baby stays in, the healthier the lungs will be. According to the websites, the baby weighs about 6 pounds and is about 18 1/2 inches long. This might be very true since the doctor does think our "Little One" isn't so little. The baby is kicking a lot and now since it is running out of room in my belly you can definitely see a foot at times sticking out. This is a little Twilight-like if you ask me. If you don't understand the Twilight reference, I don't want to ruin the last book of the series for you.
Since our last appointment with the doctor, Matt and I have been trying to get prepared for the "Little One" since she said it was going to be early. This sent us into a little bit of a panic mode. So we wrote up our birth plan, cleaned out some things, made an appointment to get the carpets cleaned and pretty much get as much sleep as we can. Well... that was silly of us because today at our appointment, our doctor told us that we are looking like we are running on time. Matt pumped his fist in excitement and I dropped my head in sadness. It isn't like I don't want the "Little One" to cook a little longer to make sure it is healthy, but... I am tired of being pregnant. I knew this was going to happen now that I am on break and not walking as much. This all came about because my parents are planning on traveling from Colorado to be here for the birth so I was asking if they needed to start their trip here. She said, not for them to start their travels just yet. So the gist of the appointment: 2 cm dilated, 80% effaced, and the head is down, but not descended. The doctor did ask how tall I was and what size shoe I wear. I told her 5 feet 4 inches and I wear a 6 1/2-7 shoe. She then asked how my mom delivered my sisters and me and how my oldest sister delivered her girls. Then she started to talk about how sometimes little women like me sometimes have a high percentage of c-sections because of their build. Matt and I agreed this was her way of preparing us for a c-section in case the "Little One" is big and I am small. We will have to see what happens. Anyway she did say for me to go on walks twice a day to get the "Little One" in motion. Matt then proceeded to park as close as possible to any store. Also, when I suggested a walk tonight, he said we could walk to the end of the block and back because it was dark outside and he didn't feel comfortable walking in the dark. This is his little way of making sure the "Little One" gives him plenty of time to rest up and prepare. Our next appointment is next Wednesday, so we will give you the stats then. Hopefully, the baby makes a little more progress. Not too much for Matt's sake.


Aw Georgia, the last 4 weeks really are the roughest ones! The anticipation is consuming, and depressing - believe me, I understand!!! Babies are so unpredictable and do whatever they want, whenever they want :- ) Try not to be discouraged!!! Keep moving, keep walking, keep drinking your water! You can do this, I know it!!!
ReplyDeleteGeorgia before you know the "Little One" will be here when you least expect it!!! Hang in there! We are all so excited for you and can't wait to meet Baby Johnson!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete