So I have been a bad blogger lately. Things have been getting pretty hectic at school and trying to balance home and school have become a little more difficult. Also, we are trying to get as prepared as we can before the little one comes. First, I will update you on the "Little One." The baby is about the size of a squash, which I guess is perfect since it is due during the fall season. The baby is about 16 inches long and weighs about 3.75 pounds. According to the websites, the baby is starting to get in position with the head down. Not sure if this is true about our peanut because it seems it is crazily moving everywhere. My belly is starting to get really tight as well. It seems the "Little One" is growing and is starting to run out of room. According to my doctor, I am going to start gaining about 1 pound each week until the peanut arrives. I am not sure if I can gain 8 more pounds. Well... I am not sure if I can carry 8 more pounds. I know most of it goes to the growth of the baby, but... This lady is starting to wear out. Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant, but there are moments when I get tired. Also, There are moments when I am out of breath. It is the weirdest feeling to be giving instructions to little first graders and then halfway through, I cannot finish my sentence because I can't catch my breath.
I just had my first 2 week appointment this past Wednesday. All is well with the "Little One." I did pass my 3-hour glucose test, but did find out that I have Strep B. This is fairly common, but it does mean that I need to be on antibiotics while delivering the peanut or it can cause a serious health problem for the baby. If it isn't one thing... it is the next...
Now I will update you on things at home. We have begun our nesting. And yes, I did say WE. Matt has been nesting as well as me. Last weekend, he cleaned out the garage, a couple of closets and is organizing things. He also set up both pack 'n plays. Again, yes, I did say both. We have one upstairs in our room where the baby will sleep at night and one downstairs for the daytime. The one downstairs was donated by our friends, Lori & David. The one upstairs was given to us from Matt's side of the family (Kim, Wayne, Mary Ann and Steve). The pack 'n plays are truly appreciated. It saves us from having to go up and down the stairs all of the time. Also, I am trying my best to get the bags packed and ready to go. I have the baby's bag packed and I am starting to get everything in one place so all Matt has to do it load it up when the time is right. I just need to pack my bag and Matt's. It has been nice because 4 of my friends have recently had babies and have been giving me advice on what to take to the hospital with me. Pillows, boppy, blankets, shampoo, comfy pj's...
Here is the news from school as well. I did have everything all set with a wonderful long-term sub. She was perfect for the job because she student taught last year at Sycamore and has been long-term subbing for another first-grade teacher. So it looked to be a smooth transition. I guess it was TOO smooth because another school needed a teacher mid-quarter and has hired her to teach. She has been torn, but a full-time position versus sub pay... Well, who can blame her. So needless to say, I was once prepared to not have to worry about sub plans and now I spent all of last night writing sub plans for the quarter I am off. So I have added that to my plate of worries and concerns. I am sure it will all work out how it is supposed to.
Anyway here are a few pictures to tied you over. I know we have been horrible about taking pictures during the pregnancy. We did have great intentions at the beginning, but...
Here is the pack 'n play that is in our bedroom. Notice it is on my side of the bed. How convenient for Matt.
Here is the pack 'n play that is downstairs.
Here is my attempt to get everything in one place so all Matt has to do is load the car.
Here is a picture of me at 31 weeks. I know, "I'm HUGE!"


You look adorable!!! There is no way you could ever get huge:) I can't wait to meet your sweet baby.
ReplyDelete