Again, I am not doing a great job of keeping up with the blog. ONLY 6 more weeks to go! AT THE MOST!!! We are now in Week 34. The "Little One" is now the size of a honeydew. According to the websites, the baby is about 17 inches long. But then again, if it has my height, I doubt it. Hopefully, for Matt's sake it is about that long. The baby is starting to gain a lot of baby fat and losing the wrinkles. I feel like I am gaining the baby fat as well. If you have seen me lately, you will notice the baby fat on me as well. The baby fat is starting to saturate on my feet. The swelling has begun and is not going away! I will take a picture and show you. My doctor is a little concerned about the swelling as it seems to get worse each time I visit her. Last week at my appointment, she asked how I was feeling and if I felt up to continue working. Since I have only 2 more weeks to go with work, I told her I was fine. She then responded, that she is happy I only have 2 more weeks to go -or- she might put me on bed rest. The good thing is my blood pressure is fine and everything else looks good.
In the meantime, we are starting to finalize things at home. You already know that the baby's bag is packed. My goal this week is to pack my bag and Matt's. We then are going to make sure the carseat is in the car and is secure. Slowly, but surely we are getting the final things off of our list of needs before the "Little One" comes.
We are also finalizing child care for when I go back to work. Thankfully, my parents are coming out in January through March to watch the baby. This is a huge relief since the baby will only be about 3 months and it is in the height of basketball season. It makes it a lot easier to go back to work when I know who is watching the baby. The last thing we are finalizing is the fourth quarter. So far, my friend Lori is watching the baby 2 days a week, we are just looking for a child care provider for the other 3 days. I am sure all will work out for the best.
Finally, I have a long-term sub lined up for the second quarter. Yay! I can now take time off and feel fine leaving my 26 first graders. She is a wonderful person and has been coming in to observe. This is a HUGE relief. Things are starting to fall into place.
We will continue to keep you updated. In the meantime, here are a few pictures to keep you in tune.
Here is my belly at 34 weeks. Don't mind the tired look. Not getting much sleep lately.
Here are the lovely swollen feet.
Here is Husker the protective Big Brother.
Another picture of the Big Brother. He is ready to cuddle the "Little One."


I stumbled across your blog a few months ago. I have an amazing sitter for my son. She does home daycare by Senita Valley Elementary. My son is 2 and has been with her for a little over a year and we absolutely love her. Her rates are wonderful and the care is better than you could ever dream of. I have no problems going to work now, I know my son is being well cared for. I know you teach at Sycamore and that this could be a bit much of a drive for you. She's worth it.
ReplyDeleteOh Georgia!!! I am so sorry about those poor feet of yours! You need to start teaching with your feet up and have someone else take your class out to the busses. I can't wait to meet your sweet little baby:)
ReplyDelete