Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Baby Showers and Dr. Appt.

So this week has been a very busy one. Matt's school threw him a baby shower. They made his favorite enchiladas and got the baby a lot of fun things. The best was the cake they made him. They made a basketball cake. It is so cute. Hope you enjoy the picture of it. Also, my school threw me and a couple of other colleagues a baby shower. They got us a gift card and a little Sycamore Onesie. It says "Stinger in Training." It is very cute.

Then this Friday, I went to the doctor. I am now doing the once a week appointments with exams. I was a little nervous heading to the doctor because of my feet, but they actually look better. It is nice to be on break because I have ankle bones again! I wasn't really expecting this Friday to have my first exam, but... So the news is that I am 2cm. dilated and the baby is turned and in position. So I asked her if I was going to make it full-term (40 weeks). She said, "Oh honey, you are going to go early." She also said that the baby is big. Which in my head I said, "Shut your mouth." Well, I guess it is okay if the baby is big as long as it is healthy. She also said that if my water breaks or my contractions are 5 minutes apart, to head to the hospital. I have had a few contractions, but they are not consistent and don't last long at all. I am excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. I think Matt feels the same way. I would like the baby to wait another week so that I am 37 weeks. Matt would like the baby to wait 2 more weeks so he can enjoy his Fall Break. I would take 2 weeks. This will give me time to finish things around the house. Anyway, we go again on Wednesday. We will see where I am at that point. We will continue to keep you updated. Enjoy these pics of the cake and Sycamore Onesie.

This is a picture of Cindy (she is due Oct. 24th), Alan (who had his son on Sept. 25th) and me at 35 1/2 weeks.
These are the Sycamore Onesies.
This is the basketball cake for Matt's shower. Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.