Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Monday, September 21, 2009

Week 35

We are now in Week 35! Only 5 more weeks to go at the most! So crazy. The "Little One" is the size of a honeydew still. The baby is about 18 inches long and weighs about 5 and 1/4 pounds. According to the websites, the baby is starting to run out of room in the womb. I think this must be true because I feel every movement! The other night, the baby was moving like crazy. Matt was amazed at how much it was moving and how strong it is.

The panic is starting to set in. Last night, I was wide awake at 4 in the morning because I still hadn't packed my bag. I still didn't have everything I needed to pack it. So today after school, I went to Target and got the rest of the stuff and packed my bag this evening. I had to do it secretly because Husker gets very nervous when we pack bags. Right now the bag is hidden in our closet waiting to be put in the car. I feel a lot better now. Also, Matt's bag is packed. I packed his on Saturday. We are all set now. All 3 of us have our bags ready to go. Tomorrow I am getting the carseat installed by a fireman friend. My co-worker's husband is a fireman so he is going to install it since now carseats have to be checked by the fire department before we can take the "Little One" home from the hospital.

Also, this past weekend we had our tour of the hospital. Matt wasn't too thrilled since it coincided with Sunday football, but it was important to me. It was nice because we got to see what the delivery room looked like. This made me feel more comfortable about the labor and delivery portion. Well... as comfortable as one can be in this situation. Since we are delivering at St. Joe's, we start out in a labor & delivery room. Then after the baby is delivered and I have recuperated we get transfered into our "couplet" room. This is where the remainder of our stay will be. Both of the rooms are very non-hospital like. They are very cozy and relaxing.

Anyway. This Friday we have our next appointment. Hopefully, my feet will be better by then. Only one more week of work to go and then I have 3 months off. I am pretty much set for my time off and sub plans are just about done. Just a few little things to finish and then I don't have to think about school! This is very exciting. Well, we will continue to keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. You are just too cute!!! I'm glad that you are resting easy with your bags packed now! I think by the time I had the twins - I packed on my way out the door - haha!! I'm sure you will do great!

    Wyatt was born at St. Joes and we loved it! The rooms are wonderful and the staff was great!

    Enjoy the last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.