We are now in Week 30! 10 more weeks to go. It is crazy to think about how fast it has gone. I must say pregnancy has been a blast, but I am looking forward to seeing our "Little One" in a couple of months. The "Little One" has become very active which is making it hard for me to sleep lately. I guess that is how pregnancy prepares you for those sleepless nights. On Sunday, which is my sleep in day, I was up at 8 am. Now I know most of you get up at 8 in the morning anyway, but I like to sleep until 10ish on the weekends and I am pretty good at it, if I say so myself. The baby was kicking from side-to-side. I felt like my belly was going to explode. I made Matt feel and he asked how I could sleep with that. My response was, I can't, which is why I was wide-awake!
The other sleeping issue is that when you are pregnant you have to sleep on your side for circulation and oxygen issues. Well, now that doesn't seem too bad, but when sleeping on your back is your favorite position... sleeping on your side is not the best. The other problems is that which ever side I am sleeping on, goes numb after about an hour. So I flip sides and an hour later, same problem. I am constantly flipping sides. I have tried pillows to help alleviate the numbness, but to no avail... So this weekend I decided to try out the body pillow -or- as Matt calls it "His Replacement." Again, no help! I guess these last few weeks, my body (or the "Little One") is getting me ready for the midnight feedings.
According to the websites, the "Little One" is building its brain capacity. Also, his/her grip is getting strong enough to grasp a finger. I can't wait until those little fingers are wrapped around Matt's finger. The wee one is about 15.7 inches long and weighs about 3 pounds. Of course after our last visit, Matt is still hoping the doctor was wrong about the baby have my height. One can only hope. They also say the room in the belly should be getting tighter due to the "Little One" growing. This is very true! Today I really noticed how tight my belly is getting and the fact that I can feel every movement the "Little One" is making. Anyway, we will continue to keep you updated.
Here is a picture of Matt's Replacement. Even though it doesn't work!


Georgia the new sleep deprivation is only a preperation for what it to come I'm sure! Your body and sweet baby are just trying to get you ready!!! I love your new pillow - I hope it gives you some comfort!!! That numbing/getting comfortable stage is frustrating - hope you can nap at school once in a while - hahaha!!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your sweet one!!!