We are now in Week 28. Not much changes from last week. The belly is definitely growing like crazy. Everyone I run into says that I have just popped out. I agree! I feel bigger so I have started a work out routine to make sure the belly just stays in front and not behind! The baby weighs around 2 and a quarter pounds and is about 14.8 inches, according to the websites. We go to the doctor this Thursday for our ultrasound and we are going to get more specific details on the size of our "Little One."
Now onto the Glucose disaster. So last Saturday, I went in to do my 1-hour glucose test and blood work. Unfortunately, my glucose level was high by 6 points. I was at 136 and I needed to be at 130. So I get a call that I need to go in and do the 3-hour glucose test. The nurse was going to fax my order in the clinic so I could go today. I wake up at 6:30 (keep in mind this is my weekend and a day to sleep in) so I can be at the clinic at 7:00 when they open, fast all night (which is hard for a pregnant lady to do) and arrive already nervous about the test. I get there and wait for 30 minutes, get called back and was told the nurse didn't send in the right order. She forgot to circle 3-hour glucose test on the form!!! So now I have to find another time to go back with the right order, wake up early again, fast again and remain nervous about the test until I get the results back. I hope everything turns out well. So frustrating!!! I am sure everything will turn out fine, but...
Anyway, we will continue to keep you updated on things, especially after our ultrasound appointment on Thursday. If we get more pictures of the "Little One" we will be sure to post them. And no, we are not going to find out the gender of the baby at this appointment either. We only have to wait 2 and a half months. Hang in there!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.