So we had our Week 29 ultrasound to check on the heart of the "Little One." As many of you know, at the Week 22 ultrasound the doctor couldn't get a clear picture of the heart to make sure the right & left ventricles didn't cross. She asked us to come back when the baby was bigger so she could get a clearer view. Neither Matt or I would look to see what it meant if the ventricles crossed because the websites always post the worst possible meanings. Anyway... All is well. At first we were a little concerned because it was taking her awhile to say anything and kept sweeping over the heart looking for a particular view. As her face started to furrow, my concerns got a little higher. But.. finally she said,"Good. Right there. That is what I was looking for." Matt and I were needless to say, VERY relieved. Then we asked her how big she thinks the "Little One" is right now. She thinks that the baby is around 2 pounds. Then I asked how long she thinks the baby is. Now this is the funny part. Well, it is funny to me. Not so much to Matt. She asked us how tall we are. I told her that I am 5 feet 4 inches. Matt said 6 feet 2 inches. She went to measure the femur which can tell a little bit about the length. And she said the "Little One" looks like it is going to take after its mom. I started laughing and Matt's head dropped down. Now I know he is hoping that it is a girl or that the doctor is wrong. Matt has always said that we will have a boy with my height and a girl with his. The doctor did say that the length of the femur wasn't an exact measurement and that they baby could always be taller. But... Now we just have a couple of months to see if it is true. Here are a few pictures of the "Little One" at 29 weeks and 2 days. Enjoy!
What a cute little profile shot!
If you look closely, you can see that the "Little One" might have my nose.
Definitely looking like a baby now!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.