Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Monday, July 27, 2009

Week 26 & 27

We are now officially in the 3rd and final trimester! Woo Hoo! Hard to believe that it has flown by, but I am glad that we have 3 more months to go. Also, Matt & I have started back to work which has made us more tired. Carrying the extra weight to the buses at 100 degree temperatures, definitely makes work a little harder. Plus, by the end of the day, the feet are starting to swell. The other day I was showing Matt and he made the worst face. That totally helped with my self-confidence! The "Little One" is moving like crazy. The baby weighs around 2 pounds and is about 14 and 1/2 inches long. About the size of a head of cauliflower. The websites say it is waking and sleeping at consistent intervals. I know it is awake at night, but during the day I am so busy with my little first graders that I don't realize if the "Little One" is moving around. Also, the websites say the baby is starting to grow brain tissue which is making the brain very active! The lungs are still immature, but if born now would be capable of functioning with help from the doctors. Let's hope the "Little One" stays in the belly a little longer to avoid this.

Last week we had our doctor's appointment. Let's just put it this way. First, I dropped my first graders off with Lori so she could take them to the buses. Mind you, this was only the 3rd day of school and they still struggle to make it to the right place at the end of the day. Then I drove 40 minutes to the doctor's office. Went in and had my proteins checked, got taken right back to check my blood pressure and take my weight! I only gained 4 pounds this month!!! Rock on! This is important because I totally feel like I gain at least 20 pounds every month, but I am not. Then went in the room to wait for the doctor. She was in the room within 5 minutes. She measured my belly and we listened to the heartbeat and asked if I had any questions, which I never do. I think this is because I am a first-time mom and not sure what to ask. Finally, I left the doctor's office after being there for only 15 minutes! That was a quick check up for a 40 minute drive, but definitely worth it when you get to hear the heartbeat!

Our next appointment is August 13th. This is the last ultrasound. We only get this ultrasound because the doctor wants to check the heart one more time to make sure the ventricles don't cross. At our last ultrasound she couldn't get a clear picture because the "Little One" wasn't very cooperative. Hopefully this time our baby will help her out. But I don't mind getting the chance to see it before October rolls around. I will try to upload some pictures soon. Matt and I haven't been too good about taking pictures lately, so we will start picking that back up so you all can see the progression.

Finally, this past week Matt and I celebrated our 9th anniversary! Hard to believe that 9 years ago we were walking down the aisle to make the commitment to each other. For our celebration, we went shopping, went to a movie and then went to the Melting Pot for dinner. The dessert was the best! The chocolate fondue with strawberries, rice krispie treats, cheesecake, marshmallows and pound cake were to die for! We have had a great 9 years and have done so many wonderful things together. This year we get to add the birth of the new baby to our list of wonderful things. We will continue to keep you updated on everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.