We are 26 weeks and counting! Literally! This means that in 14 weeks I could have a little bundle of joy to snuggle. Or if this one comes like Lucas... Just 13 weeks. Yes, I am panicking a little or maybe a lot. Yesterday I spent the afternoon going through Lucas' old clothes, sorting, storing and pitching. It is hard to throw much away not know if this one might be a boy. I don't want to get rid of too much just in case we can reuse some of the clothes. Waste not, want not. Right? The good thing is, I was able to take 8 diaper boxes of clothes and compress them into 2 storage bins. The baby closet looks much cleaner and less cluttered. Of course, Lucas was all too thrilled with helping to sort. He would take all of the clothes out of the boxes for me. So helpful. I didn't get a picture of the helpful Big Brother... Wish I had, but I was too busy making sure he wasn't being "TOO" helpful and making a bigger mess than I already had going.
Anyway, last week I had my 25 week check-up and everything sounds good for the most part. The heart sounded great and I am measuring right on track. This time I had a few questions for the doctor... My lower back has been hurting at times, I have been experiencing some poor circulation during bedtime, and I haven't felt the baby as much as I did when I was pregnant with Lucas.
Anyway, last week I had my 25 week check-up and everything sounds good for the most part. The heart sounded great and I am measuring right on track. This time I had a few questions for the doctor... My lower back has been hurting at times, I have been experiencing some poor circulation during bedtime, and I haven't felt the baby as much as I did when I was pregnant with Lucas.
Now don't panic. I have felt the baby kick, but just not as much. I don't know if this is because I am so busy with Lucas and work that maybe I don't have the time to notice. So I asked the doctor if I should be worried about this and she said that it could be for a few reasons. First, the placenta is in the front (although it was in the front with Lucas, too). Second, the baby might be breach right now which makes is harder to feel the baby move. Also, the baby is rather low in the belly which makes it hard to feel kicks, too. And lastly because I am so busy with Lucas and work that I am not taking the time to feel the baby as much as I was able with Lucas. There is no time for laying down and relaxing with a busy two-year old boy!
So she suggested that I do a "kick count." This means for the next couple of days, I am to dedicate 1 hour to count kicks that I do feel. Every 20 minutes I should feel anywhere between 6-10 kicks. She was funny in suggesting that Matt take Lucas for an hour so that I can just lay on the couch and concentrate on this. Funny lady. Doesn't she know that basketball (along with football) has begun and Matt is working hard each night until 9pm. So my goal is once Lucas is down for bed, I take an hour to do this. I am sure everything will be fine. If I don't feel the 6-10 kicks every 20 minutes during the hour, I am to give the doctor a call. I will be sure to keep you updated.
Other fun to look forward to include the glucose test that I took yesterday. Good times. I love drinking that sugary drink and then trying to concentrate on a magazine to read while you can't focus. I will tell you this much, the little peanut LOVED the sugar drink, because it was going CRAZY in the belly. Kicks and flips like madness. This is either a good thing because the baby was moving a lot or this baby LOVES sugar!
Also, at the next appointment I will get my rhogam shot. This is because my blood type is A negative. So to counteract the possibility of the baby being a positive blood type, I get the shot once during pregnancy and then right after I give birth. This is so the blood types don't fight each other.
Also, at the next appointment I will get my rhogam shot. This is because my blood type is A negative. So to counteract the possibility of the baby being a positive blood type, I get the shot once during pregnancy and then right after I give birth. This is so the blood types don't fight each other.
26 Weeks... And the countdown begins!
Pregnancy Symptoms: Crazy heartburn! It doesn't matter what I eat... I get the worst heartburn! Tired. I think the thought of the 3rd trimester is looming which is making me tired again. Also, I feel large and in charge. I am wearing maternity clothes most of the time. I do have a two pairs of jeans I can fit into and button! Also, thank goodness for the belly band because it allows me to wear most of my usual clothes, just not buttoned. Happy Day!
Cravings: candy... I blame this on the fact that Halloween candy goes on sale in September. So not fair. Other things that sound fantastic: chocolate milk, pumpkin anything (cupcakes, muffins, bread) and fruit (especially apples with caramel to dip).


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.