So at the advise of a friend and a fellow blogger... We bought Meet the Shapes, along with Meet the Letters, Meet the Numbers and Meet the Colors. Just hearing about how successful her children were at learning their letters and shapes... I just couldn't pass it up. Matt wasn't such a fan of buying the videos and I was thinking how perfect for his birthday. Which meant that Grandma Johnson would buy it! She bought the videos about three weeks ago and since then he has learned all of his shapes. He even requests to watch the video.
As a teacher, I couldn't be prouder. Most of my first graders struggled with identifying the basic shapes (rectangle, triangle, circle, and square). My little man can identify all of those plus, octagon, oval, moon, star, and diamond. It is so cute how he can say all of them. The other day when we were driving, we pulled up to a stop sign and Lucas said, "Octagon."
So to reinforce the skill, we also bought a shape puzzle and a shape game on the i.Pa.d. As he watches the video, he will name the shape and then find the puzzle piece to match. He can't get enough of the video. Unfortunately, I can. It isn't the most interesting video to watch because they just repeat the same shape over and over and over! But it works and I couldn't be prouder! He is still working on the letters, but his favorite letters are 'X', 'A", and 'M'.
Not quite sure what happened to the heart.
Poor thing!
Here is my little shape man!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.