We are halfway through this pregnancy! It is so hard to believe and a little scary at the same time. I am not going to lie, I am a little nervous that in a quick 20 weeks or maybe a little less... We could have another little peanut to look after. Trust me I am really excited and can't wait to meet this little man or little lady, but I don't feel that we are quite ready! More for the sleepless nights again and transitioning Lucas to his big room.
Also, I must say this pregnancy has just flown by so far. People always say to treasure the second one because it does go by so much faster. It is so true. I think it is because I am so busy with work and being a mom at the same time. It is hard to take the time to relax and enjoy every little moment like you do with the first. I will admit that I am not as good at keeping up with the pregnancy calendar like I did with Lucas'. I am going to apologize to my mom at this point because I always gave her a hard time that my baby book only had my hospital bracelet in it and that was the only way we new it was my baby book. I guess that is what happens when you have 3 children. I can't give her a hard time anymore.

On to the stats of the little peanut... The baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces and is about 10 inches long. The peanut is about the length of a banana. Of course, next Thursday we will know a little bit more because we have our Big Ultrasound and we will get more details. Which I really can't wait for. It is really hard to see the little one at 8 weeks and then not again until 21 weeks. If I was rich enough, I would totally buy an ultrasound machine and see the baby every day!
Also, we have finally decided on a boy's name. We already had a girl's name from when we were pregnant with Lucas and we are still in love with it. So we just had to agree on a boy's name. Trust me this has been SO hard to do. Every name I loved, Matt didn't. Every name Matt loved, I didn't. I told Matt I needed to love the name as much as I love Lucas' name. He kept saying, "You won't love this baby if you don't love the name?" Of course I already LOVE this baby, I just want to love the name as well. Oh, and we aren't sharing the name. Sorry, but there are too many opinions in this family of teachers and we know that every one will love the name when they see it attached to the baby. That is... If it is a boy!
Pregnancy Symptoms: I am starting to feel the baby a little bit more. It is still hard because the placenta is in the front and as the baby grows, then I will feel the movements more. I really can't wait to see the movements next week live in action. I am not sure if I am carrying this baby the same as I did with Lucas. I just know, that it is much harder to bend down to pick things up on the floor, get laundry out of the dryer, pick Lucas up... And so on. But it is totally worth it.
Cravings: Coffee! I really want coffee. The smell of coffee is the best! I could have it every day if allowed. The problem is I only like Star*bucks coffee and on a teacher salary, hard to afford a grande daily. Trust me I do get my craving filled each week, unfortunately it is decaf. It is just not the same. I think I need to look into purchasing a fancy coffee maker, but it needs to be able to make a caramel latte.
Anyway, I will leave you with a belly shot. There is for sure a bump!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.