Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Potty Training Patrol!

Some of you may have been wondering how we spent our 3-day Labor Day weekend! Well, we spent it on Potty Patrol as I lovingly call it. We decided that since we had a long weekend, a 3-day potty training manuel, a baby on its way and a toddler who is ready to be a Big Boy.. Why not bite the bullet and see what happens! It was a LONG weekend to say the least, but successful for the most part. If I had to rank his potty training ability by the end, I would venture to say he was about 85% trained! Thank goodness his Grandma Johnson is on the bandwagon as well and works with him during the week while we are at work! If it wasn't for her patience with him and us, I don't know if he would be doing as well as he is right now.

Trust me, it isn't all butterflies and rainbows. There were moments, albeit $#itt%, moments, where I thought is this worth it? There was racing to the bathroom midstream, several underwear to be washed, and two tired parents at the end of each day. The only hitch to the potty training, is that I felt trapped at the house. I really felt like a wild animal enclosed in a cage!!! All I wanted to do was escape, but looking back at the weekend it was completely worth it. But there was also celebrating and wild dancing when everything went smooth.

Here is Lucas, the Big Boy!
Such a serious face!
Lucas' Big Boy potty!
Thank goodness for El.mo and Coo.kie Monster!
There were stickers to be earned on a Mic.key Mouse reward chart.
Once the chart was filled, he got to pick out of his treasure box.

Of course we had a treasure box, just like any good teacher has for when the students perform well!
Guess which item he picked first... You were right, the ball!
We had M&M.s to eat after each attempt and success.
I may have eaten a few myself after each attempt and success!

Lucas packed up the diapers.
The manuel says to throw them away so you are tempted to get them out...
But I have another one on the way, and diapers are expensive.
Also, I didn't unpack them for Lucas... Not even one!
His Big Boy underoos!
We had several different characters to choose from...
Mic.key, To.y Story and Ca.rs galore!
Here is my Big Boy!
We are so proud of how well he is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.