Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sea World Here We Come!

I couldn't wait to take Lucas to Sea World! He has been there before, but he was only 2 months old. The intention was to go with a friend so that we can take the boys together, but she wasn't up for it so I went solo with the little man. To tell you the truth I was a little nervous. Me alone with a little boy who does not like to hold hands or stay in his stroller when he knows that there is fun to be had! Also, how was I going to take pictures and make sure he didn't jump into the water? Freaking out a little.






Look at how cute he was!
So here is how the day went. Matt took the pack and play and our suitcase to the car. So all I had to do was finish packing up Lucas, his toys and the snack bag. Oh and get ready for the day. Luckily I was able to quarter Lucas off in a small area of the hotel room so that I could keep and eye on him and get ready (there is a balcony and I didn't want him to go out). We got everything packed and loaded by 8:30. Then we made a little stop at Starbucks for a latte and breakfast. We left for Sea World at 8:50 and arrived at 9:00 right when it opened. PERFECT!
The other bonus of getting there right when it opens is that no one is there! So we were able to get a picture with Shamu without having to wait in line. He was so excited. He grabbed his fin and wouldn't let go. Success.
We headed strait from Shamu to see the dolphins. I tried keeping him in the stroller and just having him watch them from there, but that wasn't ok with Lucas. I pulled him out and let him look over the wall. Then we made it to the water viewing. He kept making his fish face. Then... it was time to put him back in the stroller so that we can go and see the whales. A little bit of a fight, but I did it.

Again, we got out of the stroller to watch the whales jump and float on their bellies. Lucas kept rubbing his belly when he would see their bellies. So I decided since we had already were out of the stroller might was well walk and visit the Shamu show. We were a little disappointed because the sound system wasn't working. Lucas watched for a little bit, but without the music he was losing interest FAST. So we watched maybe 20 minutes of the show and left. Bummer.



Since the Shamu show wasn't a hit, I knew Sesame Street Bay of Play would be. As soon as we walked in they were putting on a show. Lucas saw Elmo and started pointing and saying, "Emo." YAY! We watched the show and he was smiling the whole time. After the show I let him out of the stroller to play and run around. He was so happy! Freedom! He was all over the place.



Wait a second. Hold on. Where are all of those people going? Why is there a line over there? Lucas can get his picture taken with Elmo, Cookie Monster and Zoe? Oh yeah! So we waited so patiently in line for about 15 minutes. Do you know how hard it is to keep a 19 month old in line for 15 minutes? But once he could see that he was waiting for Elmo, then he watched the whole time. Waiting so nicely. I kept asking him, " Are you going to give Elmo hugs?" Are you going to give Cookie Monster hugs?" And sure enough when it was our turn, he walked right up to Elmo and gave him a hug. Then he gave Cookie Monster a hug. Then he gave them both high fives. He couldn't stop laughing! I was so shocked! I had given my camera to the character lady so that if he started freaking out, I could grab him. But he didn't freak out at all. He played peek-a-boo with them. I was so proud.


By that time we needed lunch and a little relaxation. We shared some chicken and watermelon. Well, Lucas ate mostly the watermelon. It was nice to sit. Sea World is quite a big place. Plus wrestling a little one back into a stroller is hard work. But it has to happen when you are all by yourself.
Then it was time to see the fish and sharks! If you know me at all. You know that the ocean, deep water, and sharks are NOT my favorite at all. It makes me a little anxious and sick. I could literally break out into hives. But I held it together for my little boy! He had a blast! He couldn't get enough.


Might as well get a picture while we are in the shark tunnel!

I thought for sure one show he would love is the sea lion show. I always thought it was funny and it is made for kids. He truly enjoyed the guy who does all of the funny stints and dancing before the show. Lucas was laughing, dancing and clapping the whole time. AND THEN... the sea lion came out on the stage and he freaked. It could have been that he was tired, but I didn't expect it. So we left before the show. Maybe next time.
I am thinking it was because he was tired because we didn't even make it out of the park before he fell asleep. Such hard work! All-in-all it was a successful trip! I am woman hear me roar! I did Sea World all by myself with a 19 month old and got pictures! Take that!
And that is all she wrote... until December when we return for a basketball tournament.
This time I will bring reinforcements, my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.