Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Monday, June 6, 2011

Colorado: Outdoor Fun!

This past week Lucas and I embarked on a trip to see my family in Colorado. I always get a little nervous when ever I have to fly on a plane with Lucas alone. Matt had a guys trip in Vegas planned so it was just the two of us. As nervous as I get thinking about packing, checking in, going through security and then flying on the plane for two hours... He always does great. He was a trooper through the whole plane ride. He played, colored, watched basketball on the iPad and ate snacks. I couldn't have been prouder!
The best part about visiting Colorado, besides seeing my family, is the wonderful weather. It was so nice to escape the heat and the wind and play outside all day long! So this blog will encapsulate all of the outdoor fun that we did during our vacation. Lucas loves being outside and I mean LOVES being outside. So when he had a the chance to play outside, he took every opportunity. We went to several parks, but one park Lucas enjoyed a lot. Mostly because it has a sprinkler fountains.
Just look at the HUGE smile on his face!

Lucas had a great time going down the slides as well.
It doesn't matter how big the slide is, he will go down it.




Another perk of Colorado is the green grass. Real green grass. Lucas enjoyed running through the sprinkler as long as it wasn't turned up too high.

He also had a lot of fun playing basketball. Yes, Grandma and Grandpa Fildes bought Lucas a hoop so that he could continue working on his shot while away. Lucas thought it was too easy to shoot from standing on the patio and decided to stand on a patio chair to shoot from. Very DANGEROUS!


Lucas also thought it was a lot of fun hitting the bubbles with a net.
He thought he was catching the bubbles and laughed the whole time.

And it wouldn't be a trip to Colorado if there wasn't a thunder storm and a little hail, then it wouldn't have been a trip at all.
The cousins!
Rylie, Lucas and Piper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.