So today ended up being a lazy and tiring day! We had the intention of heading to Sea World, but that was postponed do to an early nap and Daddy wanting to take Luke to the beach instead. We started out the morning bright and early at 6 am. The iPad did buy us some time because Lucas sat and watched Elmo for about 30 minutes while I tried really hard to wake up. Yes... my son watches t.v. and I am fine with it. He sat in bed watching Elmo, drinking his milk and eating corn pops. While Matt left for his games, Lucas and I had a little breakfast and then went to Mission Bay park with his buddy Jason. They had a nice time playing together, but I knew that when Luke put his head in the sand and said, "Night, night." I knew he needed a nap. That was at 10. So he and I took a nice 2 hour nap. Holla!
I had the intentions of taking him to Sea World post nap, but by that time Matt was on his way back and we went as a family to the beach instead. He had a blast! At first I didn't know how he would do with the waves and the first couple he was a little cautious, but then he was all over it! He would run with Matt into the water, fall down and throw sand! It was great! I know he doesn't take after me because I am not a fan of the ocean or the waves! Post beach we headed back to the hotel for a quick shower for Lucas to rinse the pound of sand from his feet, hands, hair and other places not to be mentioned. Then Matt took him to the pool. We thought for sure this would wear him out for a possible second nap... We were wrong. He did hang out and watch a movie and played. But no nap! Bummer.
After a little quiet time we went back to the beach looking for a good fish taco for dinner and a little more play time. We walked the boardwalk and played a few games. Once we returned to the hotel for bed, he passed out before I finished reading his bedtime story. It was a successful second day in San Diego. Tomorrow we are headed to Sea World and home!
I LOVE the iPad!
Genious!
He watched Mickey while I got ready for the day.
Playing at Mission Bay park!
Lucas and Jason!
Early nap time for Lucas and Mommy!
We played hard.
No fear!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.