So I have officially returned to work which is why you all are deprived of Lucas updates. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would. I think this is due to the fact that my parents are watching Lucas. I was anticipating that I would cry my way to work on Monday, but in fact did not. I didn't even have tears in my eyes. Lucas was sound asleep when I left so I blew him kisses. Matt said, "Do not wake him up?" I made sure I didn't.
Returning to work has been a challenge. I miss my morning naps with the little man. So by 10:30 I am ready for a mini nap. The other challenge is getting my students back to my management style. I was blessed with a wonderful guest teacher, but there is always a transition period. I think I made a child cry 4 of the 5 days. Each of the tears came from making them change their card from green to yellow. The kids are getting there. Another challenge is making sure I do work at work so I don't bring any of it home. This has made me a more productive worker during my lunch and plan time. I have been very good about leaving work at work. The only night I did any school work was when Lucas was already in bed and I did my lesson plans for next week.
Enough about me and now on to who you really want to hear about... Lucas. Lucas has had a great week. He loves being home with his grandparents. They spoil him rotten which he loves. I do have to admit they are really good about putting him in his crib or pack n play for naps. There have been a couple of naps when he was cuddled, but for the most part he sleeps in his crib or pack n play. They did so well with his schedule, that he has slept through the night 2 times. One night he only needed a diaper change and went back to sleep and one night he didn't even wake until 7:30 am. YAY!!! He must have known his parents were a little sleep deprived and tired from returning to work.
Here are a few pictures of the Little One.
Watching football.
He loves to watch the game, but hates commercials!
Sitting like a big man!

Playing with his little jungle.
This is on loan from his cousin Morgan.
He giggles and kicks like crazy when he plays with it.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.