Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Week 19

We are now in Week 19. Getting closer to being half-way through! Hard to believe my belly is ONLY half-way there! The "Little One" is the size of a mango and is 6 inches long and weighs about 8 and 1/2 ounces. It is building a protective layering of fluid to protect its skin from the amniotic fluid. Also, the baby is fully developing its 5 senses so it is really time for Matt & me to start reading to the baby. Something we have talked about, but haven't done yet. Our friends Dave & Lori lent us a book that is called "Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go!" It is an adaptation of the Dr. Seuss book. Still looking forward to feeling the baby consistently. Haven't felt it too much. Just when it lands in certain places, especially when it lands on the bladder. Then it is trip after trip to the restroom... every 5 minutes. Matt has been working hard on the baby's room. He painted a shelf and my grandpa's rocking chair to match the crib. It looks really good. We finally decided on a paint color. Now it is just time to get painting. Once we get that done, I will attach a photo of the room. Also, our friends Dave & Lori have given us some of their baby stuff from their daughter Morgan. So my job this week is to sort through and find out what we would like to keep and what we are going to give back to them. Thank you, Dave, Lori & Morgan. Finally, the pool is starting to warm up so I can be a whale in the pool this summer. That is definitely where I am planning on spending most of my summer. Well, we will continue to keep you updated on the baby!

2 comments:

  1. nice room, I have seen pink used with this bedding and it looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the room...I have seen this bedding used with a pink room and it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.