Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Monday, June 8, 2009

Week 20 & the Half-Way Point

Well we are now in Week 20. Half-way through!!! Yay! This week the "Little One" is the size of a cantaloupe! ! Hard to believe, but my belly sure is the size of a cantaloupe! The baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces and is 10 inches long (the length of a banana). The baby is gulping amniotic fluid for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. Also, the baby has tastebuds! Crazy! The websites say to watch what I eat because what I eat the baby eats. This also leads the baby to form tastebuds for foods that I have eaten during pregnancy. So I better make sure I eat my broccoli.

We had a busy weekend! Matt's Aunt Ginny & Uncle Larry came to visit from Nebraska. Go Huskers! They came to help Kim, Wayne & the kids move to Vail, Colorado. We spent most of the day on Friday hanging out with the family. Then on Saturday Matt had a basketball tournament and we had the family over for swimming and a barbeque. Finally, yesterday we went down to Sierra Vista to help Kim & Wayne load everything into the truck so they could begin their adventure in Vail, Colorado. Well, Matt helped with most of the loading while I helped his Aunt Ginny clean the house since I am not allowed to pick up heavy items. It was a sad day, but I think it is great for the Fralieghs. It is a great opportunity for Wayne and his career, but sad for the family. They should be arriving in Colorado today sometime. Luckily, my family is in Colorado and they can adopt the Fraleighs and hang out with them often. We will see them often! The whole family & mine will be hanging out with them on the 4th of July! Also, my sisters and their friend Katie came in yesterday evening. My sister Donna and Katie will be here until Saturday and Shawna will be staying the month of June. Yay! I will post pictures of the fun things we do this week. We will continue to keep you updated on events down here.

1 comment:

  1. Two big milestones! You're half way done and I'm 37 weeks which means full term!! Post pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.