Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Week 21, Movement & Room

So we are now in Week 21. The baby is the length of a carrot now! The "Little One" weighs 3/4 of a pound and is about 10 1/2 inches long. The baby is has eyebrows and eyelids now. Weird to think how everything gets formed. The "Little One" is drinking amniotic fluid for hydration and nutrition. This also helps in them learning how to swallow and digest.

Also this week, we have been feeling the baby a lot! YAY! Just the other morning we were laying in bed and Matt had his hand on my belly. I felt 2 little kicks and went to confirm them with Matt, but he had fallen back asleep! Since then, the "Little One" has been moving throughout the day. The baby's favorite time to move is just when we lay down to go to bed. I have felt it turn over. What a weird, but wonderful sensation!

Today, Matt is working on painting the baby's room. I made sure to help with what I could. I did the taping. Matt is actually doing all of the hard labor. It is good for him. Plus, I think he actually likes doing it. He likes to brag about all of the work he does in the room. He is such a proud papa. Once we get it all done, we will be sure to upload some pictures. I am sure you are anxious to see the room!

Finally, next week we have our big appointment. On Thursday, June 25th, we will get to attend our next ultrasound. I am really excited for that appointment. To make it more exciting, my mom and dad are going to fly out. This means that my mom and dad and Matt's mom will be able to go to the appointment to see their grandchild. Of course, they are all going to try to convince the Dr. to tell them if the baby is a boy or a girl! BUT, the Dr. knows better. Good Luck! I probably wont post until after the appointment so that I can attach the pictures and give you a full update on how everything is going. In the meantime, be sure to keep in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for movement!! It's the best feeling EVER!! Even when they jam you in the ribs! I'm really going to miss it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.