Johnson Family

Johnson Family

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Week 16 & Dr. Appointment

We are now in the 16th week! Continues to be a great pregnancy so far. I feel truly blessed. The 100 degree heat is definitely getting to me... I am not looking forward to being super pregnant in this heat. The "Little One" is the size of an avocado and about 4 and 1/2 inches long. I know you are thinking, wait, it was the size of an orange last week... isn't an avocado smaller than an orange. I guess not according to the pregnancy websites. Also, according to the websites the "Little One" will double in size in the next few weeks, which means that my tummy will double in size in the next few weeks. The "Little One" is able to hear what is being said now, so Matt & I better watch what we say from this point forward. Not that it understands what we say, but we definitely don't want its first words to be inappropriate! Knowing us, it is going to come out quoting Vince Vaughn from Wedding Crashers and The Break Up.

The doctor's appointment went well today. It was probably the fastest appointment ever. I got there at 3:10. Was seen by 3:25 and out the door by 3:30. We listened to the heart beat. Still very fast, but strong. Again, the "Little One" would move away from the heart doppler. But we were able to catch it a few times. Our next appointment is on June 25th. This is the next time that we get to see the "Little One" and get some pictures. Potentially, this is when we could find out the sex of the baby, but we are still refraining from doing so. The doctor has noted it in my chart. It is a "Surprise Baby!" Again, we will continue to keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.